I need advice with upgrading our old home entertainment setup.

Ein0r

Edit: I am a moron and got carried away by the enthusiasm of my dad to buy new equipment that I didn't think straight.

Long story short, our budget is about 1000€ -1500€ for a 55" smart tv that should be able to endure long use without burning in. Several hours of the same tv channel per day is normal usage. As well as a bluetooth hifi-system and maybe means to combine all of that for ease of use on a smartphone or tablet.

Sonos. HEOS is nowhere near the app comparability or ease of use. I didnt care much for the HEOS speaker sound. Sonos is just too easy to add anything into your system and control individually. 

On 7/13/2019 at 6:13 PM, Ein0r said:

Edit: I am a moron and got carried away by the enthusiasm of my dad to buy new equipment that I didn't think straight.

Long story short, our budget is about 1000€ -1500€ for a 55" smart tv that should be able to endure long use without burning in. Several hours of the same tv channel per day is normal usage. As well as a bluetooth hifi-system and maybe means to combine all of that for ease of use on a smartphone or tablet.

Have a look at sonos, like the sonos connect or amp. But if you want all out audiophile quality i would go for a aptx receiver, integrated amp and then some decent floorstanders/bookshelfs. Depending on budget.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)