Clickbait Topics, Seriously? Pfft

Jon_A

I do not get the big up roar about clickbait, but then I realized that the use of the term clickbait has been taken way out of context.

Wikipedia says it best, "Clickbait is a form of false advertisement". What I get from this is, titles that are not relevant, nothing less, nothing more. 

I see way too many criticize topics in the name of clickbait. But lets take into account that it is not clickbait if you click on it and find out that you do not agree with the opinion or views on the title. Or if someone is using a better advertising phrase to increase traffic taking views away from your content.. Sounds like you may need a better writing team.

As long as s title is on topic or relevant to the content, then kudos for great wording. A matter of fact, lets get away from the term clickbait unless it is truly relevant. Maybe we can just say, stop being good at using words that take attention away from me. Oh, that would make you sound like, well you know what. And don't scoff, you know who you are.  0_0

If I get a lot of negative replies, then I will sit back, crack my knuckles, kick my feet up and enjoy knowing that i got my point across. For those who are smart and already know what the difference is, enjoy the show because I just "baited" this topic, with a click?