what is the difference between core 2 duo and pentium dual core!

I would like to know the difference between core 2 duo and pentium dual core!  besides the shrinked manufacturing process (65-45) and better IPC....what else is different?

i mean......is there any difference in ram support?  anything else?

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

I would like to know the difference between core 2 duo and pentium dual core!  besides the shrinked manufacturing process (65-45) and better IPC....what else is different?

it depends what penitum dual core

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Well you have the different sockets, speeds, mache amounts, prices, ram, motherboards, performance and soo much more.

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

it depends what penitum dual core

there is an actual pentium dual core. it's called the pentium dual core, and it was a pre-released core duo under the name pentium dual core.

(no, it's not netburst)

Look up the processors on google and one of the first things should be an intel ark page.

e.g. http://ark.intel.com/products/75048/

Look up the processors on google and one of the first things should be an intel ark page.

e.g. http://ark.intel.com/products/75048/

ahh..done that! didnt find anything apart from 65-45 ,more cache in general and slightly higher clocks.....as far as i know the ram support was based on the chipset on the motherboard?

anything else?

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

there is an actual pentium dual core. it's called the pentium dual core, and it was a pre-released core duo under the name pentium dual core.

Known as the "Pentium D" to some... I think its close to 2x Pentium4 cores but it wasn't the great performer everyone would have thought...

Hence,..next generation of CPU's,... Core2Spanked the PentiumD almost making the D look like Celeron territory performance.

D's were good at some things, Media center's and such.. But in a short time after that you could do better with a low end Core2Duo.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Known as the "Pentium D" to some... I think its close to 2x Pentium4 cores but it wasn't the great performer everyone would have thought...

Hence,..next generation of CPU's,... Core2Spanked the PentiumD almost making the D look like Celeron territory performance.

D's were good at some things, Media center's and such.. But in a short time after that you could do better with a low end Core2Duo.

incorrect, the pentium D is a separate architecture.

Pentium dual core != NetBurst

Pentium D == NetBurst

incorrect, the pentium D is a separate architecture.

Pentium dual core != NetBurst

Pentium D == NetBurst

Pentium Dualcore must have skipped me by... sorry to mislead with outdated info.

Cheers for clarifying it simply.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz