Was Linus wrong???

Cayde-7

Considering that:

1. They have 634,000 subs

2. The last video was uploaded a year ago

3. The channel is basically dead and abandoned (aside from the very occasional video - often with years in between)

4. Their sub count has likely actually dropped by thousands or tens of thousands (SocialBlade only goes back 30 days, it seems)

Yeah no. CSF is dead.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

They probably dropped it due to it being more profitable to release the videos on their main channels. Either that, or Linus is trying to farm play buttons. 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

2 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

They probably dropped it due to it being more profitable to release the videos on their main channels. Either that, or Linus is trying to farm play buttons. 

Incorrect - CSF was mostly the brain child of Nick Van Berkel ("Nicky V") - it was always a cost sink (hardly ever made production costs back).

Once Nick left the company, they didn't have someone who passionately could run the channel and create new content for it. So they didn't want to "force" it by releasing videos just for the sake of it.

It's possible the channel might eventually be resurrected, but I suspect instead they may launch a new channel instead with a different focus.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

He [Linus] mentioned on WAN show that they [LMG employees] have the money to make videos, but they don't have time for that.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Incorrect - CSF was mostly the brain child of Nick Van Berkel ("Nicky V") - it was always a cost sink (hardly ever made production costs back).

Once Nick left the company, they didn't have someone who passionately could run the channel and create new content for it. So they didn't want to "force" it by releasing videos just for the sake of it.

It's possible the channel might eventually be resurrected, but I suspect instead they may launch a new channel instead with a different focus.

Ahhh this would make sense, I watched the first few CSF videos but I dwindled after a while, I would love to see them make more videos on the channel. 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

In the Mean Comments video Aprime sneaked in a "Channel Super Dead."1064481146_Screenshot(25).thumb.png.27794aa5221933081cb97a014bff5f3f.png

20 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

I think the main reason is that after Nick left nobody felt they could take charge of the channel

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Time and time again Linus mentions that if someone from his employees wants to take over CSF they are free to do so because there is money for that and he has nothing against it (I think budget from CSF was self-sustaining - what little they got from those videos was used to buy new toys and stuff) but no one really wants that (except maybe some people on the forum who repeatedly come here and ask about it ;-))

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones