Best Bang for Buck for SLI or Crossfire?

hicurt
5 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

I don’t care which is better. If the results don’t help me pick, they are useless. 

What?

6 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

I get what I’ve seen to be better. Which has always been the case. 

What????

Imo SLI/CF is only worth it now when you're already at the top consumer level of performance and still want/need more. So I'd only really say it's worth your time with 2 2080ti's, but at $2000 it's hardly a reasonable purchase. 

Get one good GPU and stick with it until it doesn't do what you want it to do. 

That's an F in the profile pic

20 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

What?

What????

What?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

What?

21 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

I don’t care which is better. If the results don’t help me pick, they are useless. 

What you said here doesn't make any sense. So you don't care which performs better? 

22 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

I get what I’ve seen to be better. Which has always been the case. 

And this if I'm reading this correctly it sounds like you're saying you've always bought what you thought was better but how do you know which is better than and why do you care which is better if you said a line ago that you don't care which is better.

See my confusion here?

1 minute ago, celerystruct said:

What you said here doesn't make any sense. So you don't care which performs better? 

And this if I'm reading this correctly it sounds like you're saying you've always bought what you thought was better but how do you know which is better than and why do you care which is better if you said a line ago that you don't care which is better.

See my confusion here?

You said something about the results not being tailored to intel, why would I care at that point?

Im not gonna buy a $1k cpu. But it’s a safe assumption that the i7 would be better than an i5. So that’s what’s best. Haven’t seen amd gettinf the better of intel the past decade. So what other results should I go off?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

You said something about the results not being tailored to intel, why would I care at that point?

Im not gonna buy a $1k cpu. But it’s a safe assumption that the i7 would be better than an i5. So that’s what’s best. Haven’t seen amd gettinf the better of intel the past decade. So what other results should I go off?

Yeah because you mentioned that most intel vs amd comparisons have been horrible and I was asking why you think they were horrible.

Also i7 isn't necessary better than i5 the numbers that come after would also be a factor.

Also have you seen the new benchmarks from the new AMD chips? You realize they beat some of intels lower chips hands down and trade blows with the 9900k for cheaper right?

And not sure if you saw the previous comments I made when the Xeons and threadripper were brought up and how it was shown that AMD's chip offers more of everything and even beat intel's xeon in some cases.

But hey if you just like throwing your money at the number that comes on the packaging of a product as opposed to numbers that are derived from testing than by all means you do you.

26 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

Yeah because you mentioned that most intel vs amd comparisons have been horrible and I was asking why you think they were horrible.

Also i7 isn't necessary better than i5 the numbers that come after would also be a factor.

Also have you seen the new benchmarks from the new AMD chips? You realize they beat some of intels lower chips hands down and trade blows with the 9900k for cheaper right?

And not sure if you saw the previous comments I made when the Xeons and threadripper were brought up and how it was shown that AMD's chip offers more of everything and even beat intel's xeon in some cases.

But hey if you just like throwing your money at the number that comes on the packaging of a product as opposed to numbers that are derived from testing than by all means you do you.

The video that was posted is horrid. Neither the cpu or gpu are maxed aside from a few cases. Which isn't a clear deciding factor, if your testing at 1080p and neither are stressed, whats the point. I could keep my old stuff if that's the case. Showing their both the same with low fps at 1080p isn't really helping me. Unless its along the lines of detailed testing like GN does, even to the point of testing multiplayer as many don't. I don't care how well a single player game can run if it runs bad on mp.

In what generation has the lower series bested a higher series cpu?

No, haven't seen any of the new benchmarks. No point in seeing them as im not gonna build a new pc every time something new comes out.

Didn't see anything about those comments about them. As my original comments were towards the op's question. So xeon and tr wouldn't matter if he already has a system.

I threw my money at the best thing I could get. Unless there's some random youtube video that shows other wise.

15 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

The video that was posted is horrid. Neither the cpu or gpu are maxed aside from a few cases. Which isn't a clear deciding factor, if your testing at 1080p and neither are stressed, whats the point. I could keep my old stuff if that's the case. Showing their both the same with low fps at 1080p isn't really helping me. Unless its along the lines of detailed testing like GN does, even to the point of testing multiplayer as many don't. I don't care how well a single player game can run if it runs bad on mp.

You aren't going to find a situation where both cpu and gpu are 100% utilized, that's not how testing works. You provide the same environment for both components and observe what happens you can't magically make it so that both cpu and gpu are 10% utilized at every point during the test.

17 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

In what generation has the lower series bested a higher series cpu?

Below is your quote

58 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

But it’s a safe assumption that the i7 would be better than an i5

the i5 9600k solidly beats the i7 3770k

18 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

No, haven't seen any of the new benchmarks. No point in seeing them as im not gonna build a new pc every time something new comes out.

Then please kindly leave the discussion as what you say has no weight what so ever and is based on dated facts and personal opinions.

19 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Didn't see anything about those comments about them. As my original comments were towards the op's question. So xeon and tr wouldn't matter if he already has a system.

Xeon and Threadripper came in cause AMD and Intel options were brought in and someone including you I believe swore by intel only.

20 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

I threw my money at the best thing I could get. Unless there's some random youtube video that shows other wise.

I thought you didn't watch new benchmarks?

21 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

You aren't going to find a situation where both cpu and gpu are 100% utilized, that's not how testing works. You provide the same environment for both components and observe what happens you can't magically make it so that both cpu and gpu are 10% utilized at every point during the test.

Playing certain games can utilize both 100%. No testing there. 

Below is your quote

Don't see anything

the i5 9600k solidly beats the i7 3770k

Which has nothing to do with the context of new line ups but sure. Also aren't the same gen.

23 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

Then please kindly leave the discussion as what you say has no weight what so ever and is based on dated facts and personal opinions.

The discussion isn't about cpu's. Read the op's question or leave as you don't understand what they are asking.

24 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

Xeon and Threadripper came in cause AMD and Intel options were brought in and someone including you I believe swore by intel only.

Where is this oath located?  Does it also list everything Ive ever purchased?

25 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

I thought you didn't watch new benchmarks?

What does the new benchmarks have to do with what I just said? I didn't watch them as I didn't buy anything having to do with them. Unless you mean the new benchmarks over a year old now?

2 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Playing certain games can utilize both 100%. No testing there. 

Key word there is "certain" not all. So you're arguing for a super specific use case.

Don't see anything

Here it is again I'll highlight it between "="

=======================================================================================================================================

3 hours ago, celerystruct said:

But it’s a safe assumption that the i7 would be better than an i5

========================================================================================================================================

The discussion isn't about cpu's. Read the op's question or leave as you don't understand what they are asking.

You're right it's about what gpu set up op should get and since the new RTX super cards and Navi cards have launched I don't think you're in any position to be recommending anything to OP since you don't look at new benchmarks

3 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Quote above is there to show when you said you don't look at new benchmarks

Where is this oath located?  Does it also list everything Ive ever purchased?

You're right you never said that I was confusing you with another person. My bad.

What does the new benchmarks have to do with what I just said? I didn't watch them as I didn't buy anything having to do with them. Unless you mean the new benchmarks over a year old now?

See comment above regarding why new benchmarks are relevant in regards to recommending op a new card.