Overclocked PC turns on, then off, then on again and boots into windows.

Whenever I turn on my PC, it first turns on, then off, then on again and boots into Windows. This also happens if I sleep it and then wake it up later. My system is overclocked with basically everything set to auto in the bios except BCLK and CPU multiplier. BCLK is 103.3 and the multiplier is 45. Any suggestions?

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7‑2600K

COOLER: Hyper 212

MB: Asus P8P67 Deluxe
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600
GPU: Sapphire HD 7870 GHz Edition

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 600W

4 minutes ago, crazysteve240 said:

Whenever I turn on my PC, it first turns on, then off, then on again and boots into Windows. This also happens if I sleep it and then wake it up later. My system is overclocked with basically everything set to auto in the bios except BCLK and CPU multiplier. BCLK is 103.3 and the multiplier is 45. Any suggestions?

Specs:

So let me get this clear when your pc is not overclocked this does not happen?

Just now, TheTallGuy said:

So let me get this clear when your pc is not overclocked this does not happen?

Haven't actually tried that.

8 minutes ago, crazysteve240 said:

Specs:

not too long ago i had this exact same thing, but with my ryzen based system.

Update of the bios fixed that for me.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

Just now, Caennanu said:

not too long ago i had this exact same thing, but with my ryzen based system.

Update of the bios fixed that for me.

I have the most recent version of the bios.

1 minute ago, crazysteve240 said:

Haven't actually tried that.

Reset all the settings in the BIOS and check if the same thing happens. If the same thing happens we can say that it is not the fault of the overclock. 

I have the most recent version of the bios.

Did it by chance started happening after you upgraded to this new bios?

If not, try setting everything to default like @TheTallGuy sort of didnt suggest?

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

2 minutes ago, TheTallGuy said:

Reset all the settings in the BIOS and check if the same thing happens. If the same thing happens we can say that it is not the fault of the overclock. 

I think it only happens sometimes or maybe after a long period of it being turned off or slelpt. I just turned it off and on just now and it didn't do the same behavior.

6 minutes ago, TheTallGuy said:

I think it only happens sometimes or maybe after a long period of it being turned off or slelpt. I just turned it off and on just now and it didn't do the same behavior.

Also I should mention that a while ago I kept the CPU multipler at 44 and it didn't do this behavior.

7 minutes ago, crazysteve240 said:

Also I should mention that a while ago I kept the CPU multipler at 44 and it didn't do this behavior.

Then the overclock is not stable at 45, with automatic voltage. When I overclock my system I always do manual voltage instead of automatic. Try to find out what the voltage is the chip needs at stock. Manually set the voltage to that number and then slowly increase the multiplier until the system is not stable anymore, then slowly increase the voltage.

10 minutes ago, crazysteve240 said:

yup its the overclocking problem. To be more precise, its the ram timing problem. Your motherboard is experiencing difficulties with the current ram timing. But this is nothing too unusual so you should not be worried. Try turning XMP off then it will boot smoothly.

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

Just now, TheTallGuy said:

Then the overclock is not stable at 45, with automatic voltage. When I overclock my system I always do manual voltage instead of automatic. Try to find out what the voltage is the chip needs at stock. Manually set the voltage to that number and then slowly increase the multiplier until the system is not stable anymore, then slowly increase the voltage.

But, that also counts for the boot-up behavior? It doesn't crash at these settings and I don't think I haven't seen any BSODs or WHEA errors either yet.

Just now, Caennanu said:

Did it by chance started happening after you upgraded to this new bios?

If not, try setting everything to default like @TheTallGuy sort of didnt suggest?

When I got it it was on the latest version of the bios.

21 minutes ago, crazysteve240 said:

But, that also counts for the boot-up behavior? It doesn't crash at these settings and I don't think I haven't seen any BSODs or WHEA errors either yet

What is the most time you have ever run a benchmark on your computer, and wich benchmarking program did you use?

23 minutes ago, Srnewbee said:

yup its the overclocking problem. To be more precise, its the ram timing problem. Your motherboard is experiencing difficulties with the current ram timing. But this is nothing too unusual so you should not be worried. Try turning XMP off then it will boot smoothly.

I don't think there is an option for XMP, nothing under Ai overclock tuner. There is primary, secondary, and tertiary options for ram timings though.

18 minutes ago, TheTallGuy said:

What is the most time you have ever run a benchmark on your computer, and wich benchmarking program did you use?

I ran AIDA64 for like 10 minutes.

2 minutes ago, crazysteve240 said:

I don't think there is an option for XMP, nothing under Ai overclock tuner. There is primary, secondary, and tertiary options for ram timings though.

27 minutes ago, Srnewbee said:

Ok, I'm just gonna set AI overclock tuner to auto and see where that takes me.

1 hour ago, crazysteve240 said:

Ok, I'm just gonna set AI overclock tuner to auto and see where that takes me. 

And.... did it work?

22 hours ago, TheTallGuy said:

And.... did it work?

I lowered the BCLK to 103 and I think that fixed it. 

5 minutes ago, crazysteve240 said:

I lowered the BCLK to 103 and I think that fixed it. 

Nice to hear you fixed it. That does mean that it was the overclock you applied that caused this boot problem. 

The blk is his problem set to 101 and thats the highest you should go your lucky if you have an nvme drive you can corrupt it or just have all kinds of pci bus problems..