Weird Issue - i9 9900K + Adobe Premiere Pro

Hi Guys,

I recently bought an editing Rig for Premiere Pro and after effects workflow in Windows 10. Below follows my configuration:

Processor

Intel Core i9-9900K 3.60 GHz Processor

Motherboard

MSI Z390 MPG Pro Carbon AC

Graphic Card

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 GamingZ 6GB

Memory

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (16x2) 3000MHz OC

Storage

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB

Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Seagate Firecuda 2TB HDD 7200RPM

CABIN

CoolerMaster  MB530P ARGB

PSU

CoolerMaster MasterWatt 750 80+ Bronze Certified

CPU cooler

CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240R RGB

The playback and import and dynamic linking is working perfectly on my system and Mercury hardware acceleration (CUDA) is working fine.

It came to my notice that, while exporting the footage it is rendering only in "Software Encoding" and "Hardware Encoding" is greyed out.

I read few forums and threads and people were saying its because the integrated graphics which is "Intel UHD graphics 630" is switched off.

I checked that in BIOS and turned it on. Booted up my system and installed the drivers for Intel UHD 630 and it was showing in my display drivers in Device manager.

Now started Premiere pro and checked the export settings and "Hardware Encoding" was not anymore grey. I selected "Hardware encoding" and started to render my project.

Now here comes weirdest behaviour of my system which I was mentioning in the title, "Hardware Encoding" is taking much more time than "Software encoding".

I tried all I could, if any of you can help me with this, it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance. 

• 3 months later...

Hi! Did you ever find any solution to your problem? I'm also having issues with my Premiere exports when using hardware encoding and the i9-9900K.

(and a GTX 1080 Ti. )

However my problem lies in that the files never get the same bitrate as I choose for the export. I use CBR.

I'm curious as to hear if you found the reason why you were having problems, maybe it may lead to a solution for me also.

I also have i9-9900K. I used to work with Premiere (now mostly Resolve). I was wondering the same thing, but I found some information that QuickSync doesn't make any sense in i9-9900K as the processor is so powerful that it renders faster with software encoding.