Corsair rgb fan to header on motherboard can get to work

Deaman2421

Hi guys. I have a asus rgb motherboard with 2 headers. I got corsair 120 rgb fan for rear which wont work on the motherboard headers. do I need to install corsair software for it to work?

You need a corsair lighting node pro,Anything corsair only works with their own stuff,It won't work on any motherboard header or software.

1 hour ago, Deaman2421 said:

Hi guys. I have a asus rgb motherboard with 2 headers. I got corsair 120 rgb fan for rear which wont work on the motherboard headers. do I need to install corsair software for it to work?

As @andrewmp6 mentioned, Corsair's stuff is proprietary to them. You will indeed need either a Lightning Node Pro, or Commander Pro in order to correctly utilize the fans. They don't use a standard header, and so stuff only fits with their products. 

This is why I stuck with all Corsair when I purchased my 500D SE, since it came with 3x 120mm LL120's in the front, and a pre-installed Commander Pro.

Edit: Forgot, they are working on standard RGB fans, not sure if they are available yet. I know they were supposed to be included in the Carbide Spec Delta RGB.

Edited by SlayerOfHellWyrm

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section