x470 or x570?

I ordered an R7 3700x and I can't decide what chipset would be worth it more?

I am also getting DDR4 3600mhz ram and it looks like the max x470 boards support is 3466mhz.

X470 BIOS updates allow higher RAM frequencies than before. My Crosshair VII can go up to 4200MHz (I'm running 3533c15), according to the new BIOS.. I would just grab an X570, though, and not worry about anything lol. Unless you're really on a budget, in which case I would recommend the B450 Tomahawk or Pro Carbon.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

If you don't want pcie gen 4 for the new m.2s companies are releasing ( I beleave OC3d tv tested on gen 3 with close to same speeds *dont quote me on that) other then pcie gen 4, wifi six on most boards( will need wifi 6 router to enable these speeds) and super beefy vrms across all boards at almost high end x470 board prices, go x470....if none of this is a problem pick a x570 there all good for the most part are all good with asrock and gigabyte being most cost effective and feature rich.....atleast on new egg in the states

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
    Corsair pro rgb 16gb 3400 oc stock timings
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
    My digital ssd 250gb pro m.2 (boot) 2tb berracuda 7200rpm +Toshiba x300 4gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750

17 hours ago, Gilgam3s1 said:

If you don't want pcie gen 4 for the new m.2s companies are releasing ( I beleave OC3d tv tested on gen 3 with close to same speeds *dont quote me on that) other then pcie gen 4, wifi six on most boards( will need wifi 6 router to enable these speeds) and super beefy vrms across all boards at almost high end x470 board prices, go x470....if none of this is a problem pick a x570 there all good for the most part are all good with asrock and gigabyte being most cost effective and feature rich.....atleast on new egg in the states

What kind of new m.2s are being released?

2 hours ago, mattdmg said:

They are just crazy fast, utilizing PCIE Gen 4's speed. A vast majority of users won't really benefit much from them.  

For me, I know currently there aren't many "practical" uses for the pcie gen 4 slots, but once the hardware is there, the use will follow.  I'm going X570, partially to get a head start on gen 4.,..but mainly because I love the way they look.  And that's what's really important, the bling factor. haha. 

5 hours ago, mattdmg said:

There pcie gen 4 m.2s gigabytes current 4.0 offering releasing on the 12th comes between 5k/4k mbps read write speeds and performs well within these paramitors on 3.0 unknown how corsair and a third party maker( name escapes me at moment of writing) will fair under same conditions. 4.0 pcie gpus I.e. radeon 5700 series and + also operate the same currently on 3.0 so at the moment and in near future unless next gen intel confimes 4.0 pcie support 3.0 should be quite usable for some time even then they amd/nvidia/upcoming intell gpus probably will keep pushing 3.0 until not viable for sale of profitability and by then 4.0 should be more cost effective to make as it will have had time to mature via manufacturing

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
    My digital ssd 250gb pro m.2 (boot) 2tb berracuda 7200rpm +Toshiba x300 4gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750

Question is, what are you trying to do with your build?

Question is, what are you trying to do with your build?

So far I'm not impressed with x570. They're expensive, chipset runs hot and the tiny fans are noisy. The only one that got my interest was Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme because it has nice aestethics and no chipset fan, but my god the price is insane. :)

I'm going with Crosshair VII for my build. I can upgrade the motherboard when x670 is out.

Not even going near X570. What's the point unless you're running some ridiculous NVME RAID array that can saturate the PCIe 4.0?

X470 runs Ryzens just as good as X570, so you're paying for features you won't use. 

I'm starting to look at B450 boards to pair with a 3700X, since there doesn't seem to be any OC-ing headroom anyway

On 7/8/2019 at 4:32 AM, mattdmg said:

I ordered an R7 3700x and I can't decide what chipset would be worth it more?

I am also getting DDR4 3600mhz ram and it looks like the max x470 boards support is 3466mhz.

Hey mate.

Just go x570. :P
It's more recent, PCIe4... higher RAM speeds. And it will be better when it comes to OC the 3700x imo.

The only downside is that small fan...

But, it's more future proof tho. :)

CPU: AMD 3700x 4300mhz 1.3v                                                     Cooling: CoolerMaster ML240L

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)                    RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL16

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold                                      GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GD6

2 hours ago, ImperialKnightErrant said:

Not even going near X570. What's the point unless you're running some ridiculous NVME RAID array that can saturate the PCIe 4.0?

X470 runs Ryzens just as good as X570, so you're paying for features you won't use. 

I'm starting to look at B450 boards to pair with a 3700X, since there doesn't seem to be any OC-ing headroom anyway

There wouldn’t be any gaming performance difference between boards? 

Gear Seekers tested the 3600 and 3600X across X570, X470, B450 and AX370. Practically no difference in gaming performance. No reason to believe it wouldn't be the case for 3700X as well. 

The differences between the X470 and X570 are very minimal, the bulk of the cost went into the chipset and the higher quality PCB needed for PCIe4.0

There is litteraly no diferance at this time, I mean amd has even gona out and said x570 is litteraly just a more PREMIUM x470 and thats about it.

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750