Fans not running on new build

evilmeister13
Got my new pc up and running, spent all day working on it and installing windows, only to notice after installing windows that most of my fans aren't working at all. They start up, then immediately shut back off. I made a video explaining everything and displaying the issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Go into BIOS and see whats what.
They might just be turned off, as if they are disabled.

Since most if not all motherboard fan connectors can be controlled via software i think thats the reason for them not spinning. (since they do at boot).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

5 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Go into BIOS and see whats what.
They might just be turned off, as if they are disabled.

Since most if not all motherboard fan connectors can be controlled via software i think thats the reason for them not spinning. (since they do at boot).

Just double checked, but the only fan options I have in my bios are the ability to change from cpu fan to aio pump, no other fans or fan headers are listed. 

Have you tried controlling the fan speeds in CAM?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If the fans are PWM controlled based on temperature, it could be you have a quiet mode setting that is keeping them off if your CPU is staying cool enough from passive cooling or the flow in your case. It could also just be an issue with the BIOS and a BIOS flash might resolve the issue. 
Other than that, I'd say it's a problem with your MB and you may need to submit an RMA request.

10 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you tried controlling the fan speeds in CAM?

Yeah, no dice. It gives me options to adjust fan speed for 6 headers but reports all of them as running at 0 rpm regardless of what I change 

6 hours ago, SparkShot said:

If the fans are PWM controlled based on temperature, it could be you have a quiet mode setting that is keeping them off if your CPU is staying cool enough from passive cooling or the flow in your case. It could also just be an issue with the BIOS and a BIOS flash might resolve the issue. 
Other than that, I'd say it's a problem with your MB and you may need to submit an RMA request.

I thought the same thing, changed some things around in CAM, also updated the bios, nothing helped. Might have an issue with the RMA since I bought this motherboard almost a year ago lol.

4 minutes ago, evilmeister13 said:

I thought the same thing, changed some things around in CAM, also updated the bios, nothing helped. Might have an issue with the RMA since I bought this motherboard almost a year ago lol.

The motherboard should carry an extended 4 year warranty so I'd suggest contacting NZXT if you haven't already. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.