Edifier 1280t help.

Mahbub

How good are edifier 1280 t? I am looking to buy them. Also how are they comared to logitech z625.. there are pretty much the best i can get in my place and in my budget.. m gonna be using for gaming and my online classes.help..also is the anker sound core 2 any good? The pic shows how the nesh is compared to finger

41z6kk5Z-kL._AC_SL1500__1.jpg

16 hours ago, Mahbub said:

How good are edifier 1280 t? I am looking to buy them. Also how are they comared to logitech z625.. there are pretty much the best i can get in my place and in my budget.. m gonna be using for gaming and my online classes.help..also is the anker sound core 2 any good?

I don't think it would harm the speaker probably just mess with the sound but dont really know @Derkoli knows more about speakers than I do

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

I don't think it would harm the speaker probably just mess with the sound but dont really know @Derkoli knows more about speakers than I do

Thanks for tagging derkoli. The thing is if i dont cover it with the mesh.. 100% sure i am that spider or roach will go in and lay eggs and spoil the speaker.. a little messed sound is fine by me for protection of the speakers from insects.. but the thing is m afraid will it harm speakers or not

5 minutes ago, rice guru said:

This is how the mesh is. U think it woukd cause any harm to speaker?

7 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

This is how the mesh is. U think it woukd cause any harm to speaker?

I wouldn't use that as that would probably mess with the paint or varnish when  you want to sell it and take it off. .Abe 3m double-sided tape and some non sticky mesh

5 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I wouldn't use that as that would probably mess with the paint or varnish when  you want to sell it and take it off. .Abe 3m double-sided tape and some non sticky mesh

Yes yes that's a good idea. So then thats what m gonna do. Thanks

1 hour ago, Mahbub said:

Yes yes that's a good idea. So then thats what m gonna do. Thanks

Look for adhesive that wouldn't harm the speaker paint..maybe blue tac would work

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

Look for adhesive that wouldn't harm the speaker paint..maybe blue tac would work

I have decided to use two sided tape.. i have a 3m two sided tape. M gonna cut thin layer of it and make a round around the hole then stick a round mesh onto it

It will destroy the resale value of the speakers, but that's about it. So long as air can still pass through easily, you're fine. It may also cause some noise when the sound frequency matches the resonance of the mesh (impossible to know what that may be until it's installed).
As for keeping bugs out, the holes on that tape are not small enough to keep out most insects, particularly ones that aren't fully grown. Unless you already have an infestation, I'd just let it go. The inside of a speaker isn't exactly the most comfortable place to call home.

33 minutes ago, SparkShot said:

It will destroy the resale value of the speakers, but that's about it. So long as air can still pass through easily, you're fine. It may also cause some noise when the sound frequency matches the resonance of the mesh (impossible to know what that may be until it's installed).
As for keeping bugs out, the holes on that tape are not small enough to keep out most insects, particularly ones that aren't fully grown. Unless you already have an infestation, I'd just let it go. The inside of a speaker isn't exactly the most comfortable place to call home.

i have seen a few medium roaches around  and i dont plan to resell.. would doing it cause any harm to speaker?

-Threads merged-

Please refrain from making duplicate threads in the future. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 7/8/2019 at 7:09 PM, Mahbub said:

i have seen a few medium roaches around  and i dont plan to resell.. would doing it cause any harm to speaker?

As I said, it will kill resale value and will likely degrade sound quality, but you won't blow the driver.