Ryzen 3000: Off Center Cooling - AiO vs Air Cooling? New Designs Needed?

So after watching about 5 hours worth of reviews and seeing reviewers with numbers very different than each other and coming to similar but different conclusions, I have started to wonder if the deviation in testing comes from the selected coolers?

Ryzen 3000 is very off center as far as the heat considerations. There is actually no chip in the middle of the heat spreader. AiO's and most water blocks heavily favor the center of the Heat Spreader as traditionally this has been where the considerations of heat was, but after watching Paul's Hardware get some of the best Ryzen 3000 results with a Noctua air cooler (actually getting better sustained clocks 3700X with XFR than der8auer said was possible with manual OC), i started to wonder if the increased thickness of the Air Coolers copper plate and evenly distributed heat pipes might make more sense for a off center chip like Ryzen 3000. 

I am also wondering if maybe AiOs need to be optimized for this new off center heat distribution in order to get the best performance out of the Ryzen 3000 Cores. 

I would love to see someone test this theory sooner than later... As i plan on upgrading over the next 3 months to 3900X. 

There is an IHS for a reason. Its a non-issue in other words.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

a heat spreader isnt magic, you still get "losses", for lack of a better word.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

IHS still have hot spots. Less distance the heat has to travel to be dissipated will greatly effect the maximum performance. This is why GamersNexus has tested shaving down the IHS, polishing the IHS, and Shaving down the core which greatly effected the heat distribution on Intel Chips

15 minutes ago, clandestine8 said:

IHS still have hot spots. Less distance the heat has to travel to be dissipated will greatly effect the maximum performance. This is why GamersNexus has tested shaving down the IHS, polishing the IHS, and Shaving down the core which greatly effected the heat distribution on Intel Chips

thats more down to removing material between the cores and the heatpipes. 

17 minutes ago, manikyath said:

a heat spreader isnt magic, you still get "losses", for lack of a better word.

you will, but its not really enough to warrant changes in cooler design. 

perhaps some high end custom water cooling block will do it, but i doubt it

thats more down to removing material between the cores and the heatpipes

Isn't moving half an inch to the middle of the heat spreader to be dissipated a lot of material? The water in an AiO doesn't always reach the edge of the copper plate, and the plate is very thin so its capacity for heat is limited.