Non-allocated space on C drive, cannot extend.

ViolentRockstar

Hello everyone!

I've been stuck with this issue for a while now and now that my C:\ volume is completely full, I really need the extra space and want to extend the C:\ volume to make use of (most of) the entire 120GB disk. The drive is a Samsung EVO 840 120gb SSD and I've had it for +- 5 years now.

So I've got two non-allocated spaces on my C:\ drive, next to eachother. The option to expand the NTFS C:\ partition is greyed out. I can however create two new, tiny partitions (21,66GB and 112MB respectively).

Converting the disk to dynamic throws an error: The selected GPT formatted disk contains a partition which is not of type PARTITION_BASIC_DATA_GUID and is both preceded and followed by a partition type PARTITION_BASIC_DATA_GUID.

Underneath is a picture of the drive in diskmgmt.msc

image.png.7c782c9f23abb87b602296a2cf84d265.png

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

From my experience, backup your data and perform clean windows installation.

You will waste serveral hours trying to figure out the problem, partitioning in windows can be a real pain.

Do you have Over Provisioning enabled in Samsung Magician software?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Do you have Over Provisioning enabled in Samsung Magician software?

I don't have "Samsung Magician", I'll give it a try.

Just now, ViolentRockstar said:

I don't have "Samsung Magician", I'll give it a try.

ah never mind (I thought that space was allocated by Samsung Magician), use partition wizard to allocate that space. Windows Disk Manager is not my first choice when I need to do something related to partitioning.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18