Fostex tr50 mk3 earpads replacement

paprikman

Hi!

It's been about 3-4 years since I bought my fostex headphones (tr50 mk3).

And now their earpads are just falling apart :( Moreover, if you put them on a sheet of paper, there will be a dirty greasy mark, just like if you put a burger there. So, it's time to replace them.

What are the best while easy to get options? I have a pair of HM-5 velour earpads, but the just don't work with these headphones. They are too large and just ruin the sound. I've hear that some of the Shure thin earpads can fit, but I can't find any info on that anymore.

Thanks!

P.S. getting new headphones is an option also.

4 hours ago, paprikman said:

Hi!

It's been about 3-4 years since I bought my fostex headphones (tr50 mk3).

And now their earpads are just falling apart :( Moreover, if you put them on a sheet of paper, there will be a dirty greasy mark, just like if you put a burger there. So, it's time to replace them.

What are the best while easy to get options? I have a pair of HM-5 velour earpads, but the just don't work with these headphones. They are too large and just ruin the sound. I've hear that some of the Shure thin earpads can fit, but I can't find any info on that anymore.

Thanks!

P.S. getting new headphones is an option also.

Look into dekoni they make their own t50rp mod the dekoni blue it's one of the best mods they sell some of the most comfortable pads for the t50 even makes it sound better. Take a look at the sheepskin pads

19 hours ago, rice guru said:

Look into dekoni they make their own t50rp mod the dekoni blue it's one of the best mods they sell some of the most comfortable pads for the t50 even makes it sound better. Take a look at the sheepskin pads

Thanks!

About mods: I think, any t50 mod today is rekt by t60 model. But Imo it just costs too much (as other mods) for a headphones with such sound signature and drivers.

4 hours ago, paprikman said:

Thanks!

About mods: I think, any t50 mod today is rekt by t60 model. But Imo it just costs too much (as other mods) for a headphones with such sound signature and drivers.

I don't know modhhouse Argons are supposed to be really good

22 hours ago, rice guru said:

I don't know modhhouse Argons are supposed to be really good

Yep, but you can't get them in Russia (in fact, you can, but the shipping is about $ 30), and I'm not really into those thick earpads.

Anyways, I decided to finally use HM-5 earpads that I have and replace the cable (got some low-noise microphone cable, which I'm going to wire directly to the drivers).

Thanks for your help!

12 hours ago, paprikman said:

Yep, but you can't get them in Russia (in fact, you can, but the shipping is about $ 30), and I'm not really into those thick earpads.

Anyways, I decided to finally use HM-5 earpads that I have and replace the cable (got some low-noise microphone cable, which I'm going to wire directly to the drivers).

Thanks for your help!

mark as solved

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3