Do you own a 16:10 aspect ratio monitor?

Geekazoid

As the title asks. I'm thinking of going back to a 16:10 aspect ratio monitor and just want to see how many of you have one. If you wouldn't mind, could you please provide the make and model?

As always to make this much more convenient and to get quicker results plus for those who don't wish to comment I have provided a simple yes or no poll.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I would love to see how it is compared to something like 16:9 or 16:10. I will not buy one because of the stupid prices.

Quote me to get a reply!

For the serious movie watcher they would be good but for normal or enthusiast users they seem to be mostly irrelevant and come in at a price point that you can get 16:9 1440p high end monitors. So in short, they are great for the niche market but that is about it.

For the serious movie watcher they would be good but for normal or enthusiast users they seem to be mostly irrelevant and come in at a price point that you can get 16:9 1440p high end monitors. So in short, they are great for the niche market but that is about it.

I do agree with what you said about the fact that you can get a high-end 1440P display for about the same price. To be honest you can actually get them for sometimes even less then the 21:9 monitors.

I think they had bad timing. If they came out before 4K was already in peoples sights then I think they'dve sold more

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I do agree with what you said about the fact that you can get a high-end 1440P display for about the same price. To be honest you can actually get them for sometimes even less then the 21:9 monitors.

True. I am talking about things like pb278q's when I say higher end.

True. I am talking about things like pb278q's when I say higher end.

Yeah, I figured you were. I actually am seriously thinking of going with that display.

Yeah, I figured you were. I actually am seriously thinking of going with that display.

It looks really nice. I have a crappy tn 23" 1080p screen. I really want a 1440p ips monitor. You will enjoy the pb238q a lot. The pa249q is another good option.

It looks really nice. I have a crappy tn 23" 1080p screen. I really want a 1440p ips monitor. You will enjoy the pb238q a lot. The pa249q is another good option.

I have looked at the PA249Q and have been told that in order to use it to it's full potential you would need a GPU that supports 10bit colour like the Quadro or Firepro GPUs. Oh and I think you meant PB278Q not the PB238Q as that is a standard 1080P IPS monitor. I am quite interested in the PB278Q because it uses a true 8bit PLS display and I've never used a PLS display, apparently they produce better contrast amongst other things.

I have looked at the PA249Q and have been told that in order to use it to it's full potential you would need a GPU that supports 10bit colour like the Quadro or Firepro GPUs. Oh and I think you meant PB278Q not the PB238Q as that is a standard 1080P IPS monitor. I am quite interested in the PB278Q because it uses a true 8bit PLS display and I've never used a PLS display, apparently they produce better contrast amongst other things.

My bad. I am looking at 1080p ips monitors to save money. I do mean the pa278q. True with the pa but to an extent that is true of pb monitors as well. They will all look great no matter what gpu you have.

My bad. I am looking at 1080p ips monitors to save money. I do mean the pa278q. True with the pa but to an extent that is true of pb monitors as well. They will all look great no matter what gpu you have.

Ah poop! Ya stuffed it again. There's the ProArt series monitor the PA279Q and then there's the cheaper PB278Q. Don't worry, the model names do get confusing.

@Flyguygamer, if you're looking into 1080P IPS monitors, may I suggest the MX239H, apparently it's supposed to be quite good.

@Flyguygamer, if you're looking into 1080P IPS monitors, may I suggest the MX239H, apparently it's supposed to be quite good.

That is what I am looking at. That and the acer h236hl bid

That is what I am looking at. That and the acer h236hl bid

Personally, if I were you, I'd opt for the MX239H. But since you have the cash it's your decision my friend.:D

Personally, if I were you, I'd opt for the MX239H. But since you have the cash it's your decision my friend. :D

The acer is cheaper.

The acer is cheaper.

Well I did say twas your choice. But to help you decide sometimes a visual side-by-side comparison can really help.

So here ya go: 

post-14986-0-02538600-1390894630.jpg

Well I did say twas your choice. But to help you decide sometimes a visual side-by-side comparison can really help.

So here ya go: 

attachicon.gifIPS Monitor Comparison.jpg

To me the acer looks better. But without the same image it is hard to tell.

To me the acer looks better. But without the same image it is hard to tell.

Well I don't think that it really matters. I will say though that there are 150 reviews for the Acer and only 30 for the ASUS. Just go with which ever one you are drawn to the most. Another thing is that they both have a sheet of glass on the front of them to make them seem seamless. That will make either one of them feel like a premium product. You're choice mate!

I'm just gonna get 2 of this :

1040261.jpg

Comes cheaper than a 21:9.

+ Dual monitors are awesome for multitasking

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I'm just gonna get 2 of this :

1040261.jpg

Comes cheaper than a 21:9.

+ Dual monitors are awesome for multitasking

~ Nice, but what model is it!?

~ Nice, but what model is it!?

Dell U2414H

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Yes: 1 vote (me)

No: 21 votes

I AM THE 4.55%  :o Also I have two 16:10 master race monitors

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

Yeah, thought there would be more members rocking a 16:10 AR monitor. That IS interesting.

How do you like the 16:10?

I've been looking at Asus PB248Q, Dell U2412M and BenQ BL2411PT for when i build my new pc.

How do you like the 16:10?

I've been looking at Asus PB248Q, Dell U2412M and BenQ BL2411PT for when i build my new pc.

Oh, I love it! Tons of screen reality and it feels super comfortable like old school 4:3. It's the perfect aspect ratio for web browsing and coding in my opinion. There's some games though like CS:GO that give viewing advantages to 16:9 so you'll have to play around in the registry to add a 16:9 resolution if you don't already have one but want one (i.e 1440x810 from 1440x900). 

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn