How can I fix this tweeter?

Dater

It's an old Altec tweeter that sounds amazing. Model is 811B horn. 

Broken side VS normal one

15622775275667596789210730542604.jpg

15622775692315239784731320374836.jpg

From what I can see, it's only that the wire going to the driver has been cut? If they were made properly, they'll be different colours, so you can simply solder the cables back together, assuming they're not too brittle to bend.

If you're not able to simply reconnect the existing cables, then you can just run in a new set. As you don't really want to be trying to remove the stubs from the driver (as they look to be glued/resined to the driver) you'll still be connecting to the existing stubs. In this case you'll need to run the new cable back to either the crossover or the input connection (as i'm assuming these aren't active).

Ideally you'll get the polarity right, so it's acting like the other one, otherwise you'll end up with some interesting phase issues.

7 hours ago, anothertom said:

From what I can see, it's only that the wire going to the driver has been cut? If they were made properly, they'll be different colours, so you can simply solder the cables back together, assuming they're not too brittle to bend.

If you're not able to simply reconnect the existing cables, then you can just run in a new set. As you don't really want to be trying to remove the stubs from the driver (as they look to be glued/resined to the driver) you'll still be connecting to the existing stubs. In this case you'll need to run the new cable back to either the crossover or the input connection (as i'm assuming these aren't active).

Ideally you'll get the polarity right, so it's acting like the other one, otherwise you'll end up with some interesting phase issues.

I've connected speakers out of phase before lol. It is certainly interesting.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)