SSD IMPOSSIBLE TO FORMAT

Hi guys, i have a problem with a SSD, more specific a Kingston a400 240Gb, i wanted to do a clean windows install but i noticed in the install partitions menu, that i wasn´t able to erase format any of the partitions, so i tried doing it from diskpart on cmd but the same result.

I've Tried using software, and it appears that it is formatting it but at the end is the same like the begining

image.png.7bd7ab85d73aa375ea95f2bcf32506f7.png

The SSD doesn't have readonly attributes

image.png.730053a01293acd483cda5ed3295f504.png

I'm losing my mind with this drive

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

If you're doing a clean Windows install on that drive then just boot the Windows install media and when you go to select the install drive, select it and click delete for each partition underneath it and then install on that drive.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, Lurick said:

If you're doing a clean Windows install on that drive then just boot the Windows install media and when you go to select the install drive, select it and click delete for each partition underneath it and then install on that drive.

Thats exactly where im having the problem, i tried erasing all the partitions and create a new one , but it doesnt let me, I click delete on any partition on that sdd and nothing....

I had this on a NVME sized drive... was formatted wrong, and Windows would not reformat it, as it failed to "mount" to do so. Had to low level format it. (I forget the details, but IIRC Windows install and possibly even when in OS, does not have permissions to edit some types of dynamic disk, or one of the disk partition flags/settings, but I forget exactly which one.)

WARNING, this will delete ALL DATA on the drive. If you use the wrong settings, you can delete other drives too. So it may be wise to unplug all drives, and use a Win10 repair disk/boot usb to use terminal from that and the SSD you wish to format only connected.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/52129-disk-clean-clean-all-diskpart-command.html

Or changing from dynamic disk:

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/26829-convert-dynamic-disk-basic-disk.html

PS, otherwise a Linux boot usb may be able to mount and/or edit the partition.

3 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

I had this on a NVME sized drive... was formatted wrong, and Windows would not reformat it, as it failed to "mount" to do so. Had to low level format it.

WARNING, this will delete ALL DATA on the drive. If you use the wrong settings, you can delete other drives too. So it may be wise to unplug all drives, and use a Win10 repair disk/boot usb to use terminal from that and the SSD you wish to format only connected.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/52129-disk-clean-clean-all-diskpart-command.html

Hmm, i'll will give it another try, because i've already did it with HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool but it gave me an error "Device not ready" maybe im doing it the wrong way

Thanks

Also check if IDE or AHCI mode set, or if the correct sata port used, and the cable is not causing problems.

If its some permission issue you can try the bootable version of minitools partition software, another trick you can try is plugging the SSD as an external device if you have a sata to usb adapter, trying it on another computer is also an option. I don't believe SSDs or HDDs have a slider for read only mode.

-