ET TROJAN DNS Reply Sinkhole - Anubis - 195.22.26.192/26

jagdtigger

So im fiddling around with suricata after resolving my little issue with subnets and this entry keeps popping up in the log WAN side:

ET TROJAN DNS Reply Sinkhole - Anubis - 195.22.26.192/26

"Great, now i have to hunt for this...." Enabled suricata on LAN too and let it run for a while. As i expected the entry popped up again in the WAN log,  but no trace of it in the LAN log.... O.o

Mostly my address is the destination, but there was a few times where i seen 3 alert in sequence: one with my ip as destination, then one with my ip as a source, and again one with my ip as destination. This is what puzzle's me. If its not originating from my LAN then why there is a outbound alert? Nothing is exposed from my router(pfsense) to the internet so i dont think it could be compromised.....

Yeah i know it could a false positive but it wouldnt hurt to look into it. Any suggestions what should i do next?  (packet capture on port 53 is on the agenda already)

/Update

This could be a false positive. Ran a packet capture on the LAN side on port 53 and let it run for a while. I noticed two more anubis sinkhole warnings in the suricata log at 9:21:13, but no suspicious DNS query on the LAN side:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvfdpqcccvzx6x6/Screenshot_2019-07-05_10-03-12.png?dl=0

Edited by jagdtigger