FREE $16.99 Steam Game at EG July 4th

Paul Rudd

Overcooked is a $16.99 Steam game and is now FREE at the Epic Games store TODAY, July 4th, 2019.

overc.png.d2a8cf72f4c2e3030610a1c5b9386589.png

Steam link... Overcooked. 6,235 Very Positive reviews. Here's a hilarious Overcooked series to watch if you haven't yet...

This series should give you an idea of just how much fun Overcooked can be.

What's eg?

Thoughts become things. What you hold in your mind, you will hold in your hand. 

Be happy for yourself.

My rig :) :

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tX4hWD

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  
Motherboard: Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive   
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  
GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB AORUS Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  
Monitor: AOC - G2770PQU 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard 
Mouse: Corsair - Sabre RGB Wired Optical Mouse  
Custom: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, 250 ohms 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Epic Games. Follow the clickable links in the topic above. Be sure to read the words in pink.

Gotcha. I forgot Epic Games store existed. lol

Be happy for yourself.

Spoiler

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  

19 minutes ago, Wolfgang393 said:

Gotcha. I forgot Epic Games store existed. lol

That's unfortunate. They've completely lived up to their name. Zero issues in the 7 months I've been using them and Overcooked will be the 22nd FREE quality game that I've gotten from them since December. Haven't paid a dime and here's the list of games I own because of them...

• Axiom Verge
  • City of Brass
  • Dauntless
  • Enter The Gungeon
  • Fortnite
  • Kingdom New Lands
  • Last Day of June
  • Overcooked
  • Oxenfree
  • Rebel Galaxy
  • Rime
  • Slime Rancher
  • Stories Untold
  • Subnautica
  • Super Meat Boy
  • The Jackbox Party Pack
  • The Witness
  • Thimbleweed Park
  • Transistor
  • Unreal Tournament
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • World of Goo

1 minute ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

That's unfortunate. They've completely lived up to their name. Zero issues in the 7 months I've been using them and Overcooked will be the 22nd FREE quality game that I've gotten from them since December. Haven't paid a dime and here's the list of games I own because of them...

• Axiom Verge
  • City of Brass
  • Dauntless
  • Enter The Gungeon
  • Fortnite
  • Kingdom New Lands
  • Last Day of June
  • Overcooked
  • Oxenfree
  • Rebel Galaxy
  • Rime
  • Slime Rancher
  • Stories Untold
  • Subnautica
  • Super Meat Boy
  • The Jackbox Party Pack
  • The Witness
  • Thimbleweed Park
  • Transistor
  • Unreal Tournament
  • What Remains of Edit Finch
  • World of Goo

That's pretty solid. I give them a bad rap because of Fortnite, and them taking games from Steam, but I accept them. They're generous.

Be happy for yourself.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

That's pretty solid. I give them a bad rap because of Fortnite, and them taking games from Steam, but I accept them. They're generous.

You mean a bad rep. They are generous. What's wrong with Fortnite? Runs very well on my PC. Which games did they take from Steam that were actually on Steam? All the Steam games I listed are still on Steam.

A bad rap—otherwise known as a bum rap—is dishonor resulting from false accusations or trumped-up charges. No hyphen is needed in this noun phrase. There's also bad rep (where rep is short for reputation—an abbreviation that dates back centuries), which makes more sense than bad wrap.

Btw, I did google it and still got it wrong LOL. I was close.

I'm referencing the Fortnite community, as well as the direction the game went in. Monetization>good balance. 

I meant them taking a few franchise or two with their start. Metro Exodus for example.

EDIT: AND BORDERLANDS 3 WHAT? I JUST NOTICED!

bummer ? 

Be happy for yourself.

Spoiler

Yeah overcooked best game with your own favorites peoples who played them. The good old overcooked days. 

14 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

I'm referencing the Fortnite community

What exactly are you referencing from the Fortnite community though?

as well as the direction the game went in. Monetization>good balance.

They've been updating/patching the game since it released. As for monetization, you do know that's a choice every gamer has right? I've spent $0.00 on Fortnite.

I meant them taking a few franchise or two with their start. Metro Exodus for example. EDIT: AND BORDERLANDS 3 WHAT? I JUST NOTICED! bummer ?

Epic didn't take away something that was never on Steam in the first place. As for games like Metro Exodus and Borderlands 3, the people that truly want those games are currently playing those games and the people complaining that they're not on their platform probably wouldn't be paying full price at release even if it were on Steam. And by the time they do drop in price, they'll be on Steam.

They didn't take away the Metro and Borderlands franchise. I'm pretty positive you can still play prior Borderlands and Metro games on Steam. I've been playing the original Borderlands in both 3rd and 1st person lately, on Steam. I even snagged the Handsome Collection for $3.00 from GMG. Installed it... on Steam.

1 minute ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

What exactly are you referencing from the Fortnite community though?

I'm not replying again btw, because I don't want to argue. But: The generic, clickbait-y, child-pandering videos. The materialistic community, etc.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

They've been updating/patching the game since it released. As for monetization, you do know that's a choice every gamer has right? I've spent $0.00 on Fortnite.

Yeah, but not many updates have been thoughtful or really helped. Many many professionals have been talking about micro stutters and weapons, that are obvious issues, but Epic takes their time to patch those while releasing new optional content.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Epic didn't take away something that was never on Steam in the first place. As for games like Metro Exodus and Borderlands 3, the people that truly want those games are currently playing those games and the people complaining that they're not on their platform probably wouldn't be paying full price at release. And by the time they do drop in price, they'll be on Steam.

Yes, the audience will go with the games, but no one wants them on Epic. I, for one, would much rather have all my Borderlands content and achievements together on one profile. I think everyone would. And it's weird to say they DIDN'T steal them because they AREN'T releasing them on both platforms, they've been made EXCLUSIVE releases. Only on EG. While we're on that, I don't think they'll come to steam if they're exclusive. But maybe they will.

Good points, but my opinion on those topics hasn't been changed. I do however see Epic as more generous.

Have a great night, amigo :) 

Be happy for yourself.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, D1Wolfgang said:

I'm not replying again btw, because I don't want to argue.

This is merely a discussion. It's fine if you don't want to continue it.

3 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

The generic, clickbait-y, child-pandering videos. The materialistic community, etc.

This I can understand. But it does teach you to think twice before clicking certain videos.

7 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

Yeah, but not many updates have been thoughtful or really helped. Many many professionals have been talking about micro stutters and weapons, that are obvious issues, but Epic takes their time to patch those while releasing new optional content.

Very true. I don't play the game enough to notice but I try to help out numerous people filing complaints. Micro stutters have many causes and can be dealt with but I can understand it frustrating gamers that aren't exactly tech savvy.

11 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

Yes, the audience will go with the games, but no one wants them on Epic.

I want them on Epic. Well, I don't mind them on Epic. Not one bit. Not even for one second has it bothered me in any way that some games are on Epic and some games are on Steam. I own 7 launchers. Zero issues with 6 of them. GameSessions I have one issue with and that is that I can't use MSI Afterburner while I game on it. I only have one game on GameSessions because of that and once Hitman Absolution goes FREE or hits a couple of dollars(not the $4.00 to $6.00 they keep wanting), I'll most likely uninstall GameSessions. I won't hesitate to reinstall it if another FREE game becomes available on it that I'm interested in playing because I would get to play it.

18 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

I, for one, would much rather have all my Borderlands content and achievements together on one profile. I think everyone would.

All my Borderlands content and achievements is on one profile. Doesn't bother me if they were on 3 different launchers. I can't even create one reason for them to all be in one launcher.

21 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

And it's weird to say they DIDN'T steal them because they AREN'T releasing them on both platforms, they've been made EXCLUSIVE releases. Only on EG.

But they were never on Steam in the first place. How would they have stolen something that wasn't there?

22 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

While we're on that, I don't think they'll come to steam if they're exclusive. But maybe they will.

Borderlands 3 will no longer be exclusive to Epic Games in April of 2020. Know of any other games Epic stole from Steam? It kind of needs to be more than a couple for it to matter. I mean, there are hundreds of games in existence to play other than a couple of current Epic Games exclusives.

30 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

Good points, but my opinion on those topics hasn't been changed.

Most peoples opinions remain constant due to how their minds were built. Their, preexisting beliefs. Over time, certain beliefs crumble. Letting go of certain opinions.

As I mentioned above, you don't have to continue with this discussion. People say I have an answer for everything. I just like debate I guess. It keeps the mind sharp.

10 hours ago, D1Wolfgang said:

Yes, the audience will go with the games, but no one wants them on Epic. I, for one, would much rather have all my Borderlands content and achievements together on one profile. I think everyone would. And it's weird to say they DIDN'T steal them because they AREN'T releasing them on both platforms, they've been made EXCLUSIVE releases. Only on EG. While we're on that, I don't think they'll come to steam if they're exclusive. But maybe they will.

I wouldn't say Epic stole Metro Exodus. Unless Epic gives the devs a big ol bag of cash for exclusivity, it's always on the devs or publisher. So since Epic is having it's revenue split be more generous, a lot of games like Metro Exodus are being made exclusive to the Epic store last minute by the publishers looking for more profit, rather than the Devs or Epic "stealing" it.

They're also supposed to be timed exclusives for a year. As to games being "stolen" from Steam, Shenmue and Metro are a good example, where both were promised to be on Steam, with Metro having pre-orders available before being made last second exclusives. But again, blame the devs or publishers more than Epic. The Metro pre-orders on Steam were fulfilled.

#Muricaparrotgang