The real speed of this notebook?

sinspiren

Hi all

So I got this old grandpa notebook from like 8 years ago, recently decided to repurpose it to a lite NAS using OMV.  The transfer speed from my PC to the NAS is about 11MB/s so I thought its a 100mbps connection, I grabbed a Wintogo drive and from HWinfo I noticed something interesting.

In the onboard device section, I noticed it says 8256LM Gigabit network connection

but in the network tab, it shows network card as AR8152 and max speed is 100Mbps

while in Linux, 

the ip link showing its qlen1000 (is that something network transfer speed?)

but the ethtool showing eth0 supports 10 or 100base and 100Mbps speed.

So the question is, whats the real max speed of the notebook?

Thanks

IMG_4462.jpg

IMG_4463.jpg

One is the wireless card, and one is the on board Ethernet adapter.  If you plug in the cable, you will have gigabit (providing your switch\router is gigabit).

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

1 hour ago, Slayerking92 said:

One is the wireless card, and one is the on board Ethernet adapter.  If you plug in the cable, you will have gigabit (providing your switch\router is gigabit).

Pretty sure the 100Mbps AR8152 is ethernet though, the wireless card is in a sperate page below the AR8152 tab, marked as wireless card and max transfer speed is 54mbps. Yes my modem is gigabyte but neither in windows or Linux I am getting 1000Mbps, tried drivers and cable but no luck..

From everything I've read online, the AR8152 is only a 100Mbs Fast Ethernet card.

I believe it shares the same drivers as the AR8151 Gigabit Ethernet card.  Maybe that is causing part of the disparity.