Seasonic M12 EVO 620W

seperate28

is what i heard true and this unit is complete shit ? will it cause damage to system ?

i5 4670k

msi gaming 5

gtx 970 (upgrading to Vega 56)

16 gb ram 2400mhz

seasonic m12 evo 620w

had it since 2015, no problems so far but i need clarification 

3 minutes ago, seperate28 said:

had it since 2015, no problems so far but i need clarification

Let's just say it's about time to replace it.

Granted, it's probably worked fine so far because it's on quite a low load with that setup, but expect trouble if you put more heavy duty gear in your rig.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Let's just say it's about time to replace it.

Granted, it's probably worked fine so far because it's on quite a low load with that setup, but expect trouble if you put more heavy duty gear in your rig.

thanks, what unit would you recommend for a reasonable price?

7 minutes ago, seperate28 said:

thanks, what unit would you recommend for a reasonable price?

The Corsair CXM is usually my go to recommendation, it's solid and will do the job for your rig even at 450 watts. 550 watts would do if you plan to expand a lot.

Check out the Bitfenix Formula gold if you want to spend a little extra, it goes a long way.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

26 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

The Corsair CXM is usually my go to recommendation, it's solid and will do the job for your rig even at 450 watts. 550 watts would do if you plan to expand a lot.

Check out the Bitfenix Formula gold if you want to spend a little extra, it goes a long way.

i remember hearing that corsair cx series is garbage back when i was doing all this hardware stuff, i m guessing its outdated information?

2 minutes ago, seperate28 said:

i remember hearing that corsair cx series is garbage back when i was doing all this hardware stuff, i m guessing its outdated information?

The green label units from the old days are crap, the grey labels which are updated models are solid.

Primary PC:

12 minutes ago, seperate28 said:

That one takes me to an error 404 page but as long as it has the grey label and not green it's good to go

Primary PC:

7 hours ago, fasauceome said:

The green label units from the old days are crap, the grey labels which are updated models are solid.

Actually, the green label CX from days past were only about as good as the S12/M12.  But because they did not say "Seasonic" on the label, they were shunned into obscurity.  

9 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Actually, the green label CX from days past were only about as good as the S12/M12.  But because they did not say "Seasonic" on the label, they were shunned into obscurity.  

when you make and sell crap but it still sells because of brand power. no wander seasonic never had to bother replacing their S/M12 series PSUs...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

when you make and sell crap but it still sells because of brand power. no wander seasonic never had to bother replacing their S/M12 series PSUs...

When the RMA rate was less than 1% but you sold 100 times more than Seasonic but that meant you had 100 times more negative reviews, then no wonder you had to upgrade the product.

Learn to understand the products that you're shitting on before you shit on them.  This forum is a fuck fest of ignorance.

5 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

When the RMA rate was less than 1% but you sold 100 times more than Seasonic but that meant you had 100 times more negative reviews, then no wonder you had to upgrade the product.

Learn to understand the products that you're shitting on before you shit on them.  This forum is a fuck fest of ignorance.

You're expecting that, from a website that's basically run by edgy teenagers, who think they know everything, and expect them to not be a fuck head? That's a bit much tbh.