8700k or Motherboard☹

Kyukyokunogema

Hi everyone, I bought a used 8700k and a Asus z370 Maximus hero x from different sellers, I plug in everything, it worked for a bit and then I noticed windows was stuck non responsive, so I turn it of and on, but it didn't post, then I tried it a few more times and it posted, then in around 15 minutes windows got stuck again and didn't want to post, so tried everything I could to make it work, but it keeps doing the same thing, I made it work and ran occt for 13 minutes then blue screen, so I had a celeron g4920 and installed it, and now it works perfectly, I ran Occt for a bit more than a hour, had it working for 2 days now, so my question is did I got a bad 8700k or my motherboard mess it up, and if I try a other 8700k will it do the same, I don't know what to do☹

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

BSODs usually say something that would give us more context.  Usually, outside of user damage, it's not the CPU.  It's more likely the board.  Does that board have any way of giving off codes?  Like, I think it would given model's name.  Also, what's the rest of the hw?

Asus Z370 Hero X Motherboard 

16gb of 3000mhz Memory

750w power supply 

Corsair 240mm aio cooler 

512gb nvme

I understand, but why does my g4920 work perfectly, no BSOD no problems at all

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

What 750w PSU?  Also, as I said there's possible user damage in context it was used while stating it's possible it's the CPU just kinda rare outside of user damage.  The boards of that line generally give off codes on an led that will help you figure out the problem, the bsod can't also point to the direction of the problem.  Also, if it's a low tier 750w PSU it could be a power problem considering an 8700k would use more power.  Ya, at the top of the motherboard there is a q-led thing when it goes to post write all those down and match them up with the manual.

I tried everything I read all the codes,

My psu is a corsair 750 gold so I don't think is that, I already bought a 8700k my question is will it be wise to try it with the motherboard I have or get another one 

12 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Was the CPU used or new and the board?  I mean that board has had various stability/performance increases through bios updates.  I'd try putting the old one in then updating it.  Also, gold doesn't mean the model number.  Unless the CPU is used it's very unlikely, but possible, that it is the CPU. 

Corsair RM 750X power supply

I bought the CPU use but it look new, you think I should install my new 8700k or get a other motherboard