Flushing DNS

LordOfWinterfell
Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

Yes its fine to flush your DNS cache. it wont hurt anything. Its a helpful troubleshooting step you can take if you're having problems. 

Always? Why?
You usually flush it if you've made changes that would affect the DNS, like editing your HOSTS file to get rid of ads, malware domains, etc...

Other than that, no real reason to do so.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

what? Are you asking if you should or saying it's fine?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

v4-460px-Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Func

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

Yes its fine to flush your DNS cache. it wont hurt anything. Its a helpful troubleshooting step you can take if you're having problems. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

9 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Always? Why?
You usually flush it if you've made changes that would affect the DNS, like editing your HOSTS file to get rid of ads, malware domains, etc...

Other than that, no real reason to do so.

I can't play BATTLEFIELD except if I flush my DNS because it give me an error when I join a server : Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency

1 minute ago, LordOfWinterfell said:

I can't play BATTLEFIELD except if I flush my DNS because it give me an error when I join a server : Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency

What the f...

That's strange and you might have something on your computer that fucks with your DNS then.

Have you tried disabling "Enable Origin In Game" in the properties of Battlefield in the origin launcher? Seems to have worked for others.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

14 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

What the f...

That's strange and you might have something on your computer that fucks with your DNS then.

Have you tried disabling "Enable Origin In Game" in the properties of Battlefield in the origin launcher? Seems to have worked for others.

I love you ?? it worked 

1 hour ago, LordOfWinterfell said:

I love you ?? it worked 

Just goes to show how terrible Origin is, when their own garbage screws with their own games....