Should I buy the Corsair HS50?

Vishvas Sudarshan

I'm planning to buy the Corsair HS50, any thoughts?

A little backstory:

I've been using the HyperX Cloud for two years, loved them, and about a week ago the right speaker stopped working, the wiring inside the ear cup looks fine and it's out of warranty so they won't fix it for me.

I dont care for the sound quality of the hs50 at all. Kind of like the cloud, cloud 2, lacking low end punch and lacking high end clarity to a lesser extent. The hyperX cloud alpha sounds better than both just slightly and the hyperX revolver sounds way better than any corsair headphone and is the best hyperX headset. Id get the hyperX cloud revolver. Better highs, mids, thumping yet clean bass. Better mic than all those too and can pick it up for $100 or less. It does have the different style headband some like, some don't. I like it. Its far better quality than hs50 or cloud 2.  If you want cheap, get the hyperX cloud stinger. $50 

This is all only if you insist on a gaming headset. You could pick up the audio Technica ad700x for less than a hundred and have an awesome headphone. Id pay a few dollars more and get the ad900x plus a cheap mic. You could get one of the audio technicas and a cheap mic for under $100. If you dont like the headband design then look at the philips shp9500 plus a cheap mic

On 6/30/2019 at 4:05 AM, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

A little backstory:

I've been using the HyperX Cloud for two years, loved them, and about a week ago the right speaker stopped working, the wiring inside the ear cup looks fine and it's out of warranty so they won't fix it for me.

HS50 is a pretty solid headset for it's price point, and is the one I use along side an HS70 headset.  I'd recommend visiting a local retailer with one on display to try out because everyone's acoustic preference can differ greatly.  Another option depending on where you live, and if you visit gaming trade shows, we technically have booths with most of our headsets on demo for visitors to listen to.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

If your head isn't too large and you;re okay with a worse microphone (or know how to use an equalizer), the HS50 is a great option for the $25 it regularly runs on Amazon. Definitely better-sounding than the HyperX Clouds (which suffer distorted bass and a big sibilant resonance in the mid treble).

On 6/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

A little backstory:

If you can spend $50 buy the HS60 instead.

They’re just HS50’s with a USB Dongle that supports 7.1 Surround.

The USB connection also gives access to the Corsair iCUE software, which is kinda convenient. And after all that, you can just take the Headset along with you by just unplugging the Headset from the single, and leaving the single attached to your PC.

To Be Honest, it’s a no-brainer

On Amazon, it’s also on a sale. They’re going for only $40.

4313AF53-D26A-488C-B11B-40C149084767.thumb.jpeg.d4d08e0203bad46ecee0b0109dfe07be.jpeg

On 6/30/2019 at 7:05 AM, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

A little backstory:

What did you like about the Clouds? Comfort? Sound?(though i doubt anybody likes them in particular for this reason) or simply convenience?

If you're searching for sound, no gaming headset will be a fulfilling answer imo.

But if you just want a headset, sure they are cheap.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

21 hours ago, Sharvaj Ingawale said:

If you can spend $50 buy the HS60 instead.

They’re just HS50’s with a USB Dongle that supports 7.1 Surround.

The USB connection also gives access to the Corsair iCUE software, which is kinda convenient. And after all that, you can just take the Headset along with you by just unplugging the Headset from the single, and leaving the single attached to your PC.

To Be Honest, it’s a no-brainer

On Amazon, it’s also on a sale. They’re going for only $40.

I live in India so the price of the HS60 is like 100USD 

I cut the cable and reattached it and my Cloud seems to be working fine (for now)

I'll keep an eye on the price in case there's a sale though.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, food158 said:

What did you like about the Clouds? Comfort? Sound?(though i doubt anybody likes them in particular for this reason) or simply convenience?

If you're searching for sound, no gaming headset will be a fulfilling answer imo.

But if you just want a headset, sure they are cheap.

Well, the Cloud is the most premium headset I've owned, so they were way better then anything I've used before.

I didn't really have any complaints, except that the foam on the microphone wore off 

1 hour ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

I live in India so the price of the HS60 is like 100USD 

I cut the cable and reattached it and my Cloud seems to be working fine (for now)

I'll keep an eye on the price in case there's a sale though.

Thanks!

I did not know you are a fellow Indian!

In that case, do buy the HS50’s. I got them on Amazon for ₹3800, and I’ve enjoyed my time with them!

image.jpg