MacOS Steam or DVD video games.

MrMacintoshMan

Hello! I would like to play this game on my iMac! Here is some specs that you may need Apple iMac 12,1/i5-2400S/8GB Ram/500GB HDD/6750/DVD-RW/21"

So, Can it run and what can that is a COD DVD? That is on Amazon UK! Thank you! 

I don't think the Disc version works with Mac, pretty sure you'll have to get it digitally on the Mac OS Steam client in order to play it, and I can tell you right now it won't run to great above the lowest settings depending on the Resolution of your iMac. Probably not even worth trying.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I don't think the Disc version works with Mac, pretty sure you'll have to get it digitally on the Mac OS Steam client in order to play it, and I can tell you right now it won't run to great above the lowest settings depending on the Resolution of your iMac. Probably not even worth trying.

Any good games like COD basically Shooters that will work on Mac? 

14 minutes ago, MrMacintoshMan said:

If you download Steam for Mac you can browse all the available games on there and can even search for specifically shooter games, I don't play on Mac and I know it doesn't support a lot of them so it's mainly going to come down to what you can find on there that will work with your iMac.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If you download Steam for Mac you can browse all the available games on there and can even search for specifically shooter games, I don't play on Mac and I know it doesn't support a lot of them so it's mainly going to come down to what you can find on there that will work with your iMac.

Mostly looking for a DVD but I'll look

1 minute ago, MrMacintoshMan said:

Mostly looking for a DVD but I'll look

All the Disc is going to do is have you download it through Steam. Disc games for PC and Macs don't just pop in and play anymore it basically has you activate it through Steam or the game client the company uses and has you download it digitally. It's easier and most of the time better to go directly through Steam.

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

All the Disc is going to do is have you download it through Steam. Disc games for PC and Macs don't just pop in and play anymore it basically has you activate it through Steam or the game client the company uses and has you download it digitally. It's easier and most of the time better to go directly through Steam.

I'm gonna look on eBay for a disc and I'll message them if its a disc : ) 

5 minutes ago, MrMacintoshMan said:

I'm gonna look on eBay for a disc and I'll message them if its a disc : ) 

Alright, don't listen to what anyone has to say... all you have to do is install Steam pick the game, pay, and download. No waiting for shipping or anything and in most cases the games are cheaper on Steam too. You'll would have to do it when you get the disc anyway... if it even works on Mac... which it won't because all the PC games on disc aren't compatible with Mac... but hey do what you want. :) 

53 minutes ago, MrMacintoshMan said:

The following Call of Duty games run on an iMac with your specs, and when you actually find a mac copy, you're gonna pay a premium price.

• Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
  • Call of Duty Black Ops
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  • Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
  • Call of Duty 2
  • Call of Duty

These are games similar to Call of Duty on Steam that run on an iMac with your specs and are much easier to get up and running today for a very cheap price.

11 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

CSGO FREE

Differnt mac user here.

I've been curious to try CSGO after seeing it so much on the channel. Is it something a new person can play? It seems like you go in, and it's all just multiplayer and you'll get killed by the super players?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

11 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

The following Call of Duty games run on an iMac with your specs, and when you actually find a mac copy, you're gonna pay a premium price.

• Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
  • Call of Duty Black Ops
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  • Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
  • Call of Duty 2
  • Call of Duty

These are games similar to Call of Duty on Steam that run on an iMac with your specs and are much easier to get up and running today for a very cheap price.

I'll test some of them I'll do CSGO first Thank you for the great Detailed list that is on Steam! :)

4 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

I've been curious to try CSGO after seeing it so much on the channel. Is it something a new person can play? It seems like you go in, and it's all just multiplayer and you'll get killed by the super players?

Of course a new person can play. If you jump right into multiplayer by yourself against more experienced players with friends that they can communicate with of course you'll get killed by the super players. But keep in mind that they were once new to the game at some point. Playing against them will make you a super player the more patience you have to keep going up against them. It could take weeks, it could take months, it could take years but you will eventually get better and better.

I personally play against bots to just give me a feel for the game and the maps then I go into multiplayer and get a feel for the players and what they do. You can also spectate exactly what other players are doing and learn from their play.

3 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

I personally play against bots to just give me a feel for the game and the maps

Ah..then you can do single player stuff... that's what I was trying to ask in a 4:30am sorta way :D

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

22 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

More then likely all that would have been provided is a disc that includes a steam installer and some of the games files (which would be pointless considering the number of updates that would have happened between then and now) along with a license key to use through steam which would be the only thing that is needed, but considering that mac has a low power CPU that wouldn't even meet the minimum requirements it would run at only a few frames per second.

4 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

Ah..then you can do single player stuff... that's what I was trying to ask in a 4:30am sorta way

I absolutely love a game that has bots. Especially when you can change their AI to your liking. COD Ghosts does that and playing against different types of AI in that game is spot on. It's actually better than playing against real people because if you get good enough to go up against the most difficult bots, they are as accurate and smart as can be. It makes you learn everything at a much quicker pace. Plus you get to already use all the gun skins and gear without having to rank up to be able to use them.

2 hours ago, demonix00 said:

but considering that mac has a low power CPU that wouldn't even meet the minimum requirements it would run at only a few frames per second.

The i5-2400S/HD 6750 meets all the requirements of all the games I listed. They'll basically be getting a console like experience and fps will probably be in the 30-35 fps range with dips into the 20's and rises into the 40's in the most recent games on that list. And much better fps the further back in time the game was released.