Windows XP

Cory Walters
36 minutes ago, Cory Walters said:

What is this ?

Top card appears to be an older ATI video card, perhaps a Radeon XT? Bottom chip appears to maybe be a motherboard because it says American Megatrends on the SMSC chip, but hard to say without a clearer picture of the whole board.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

215R6LAEA12 is the code for  RV100 7000 VE : https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-7000-pci.c649

The card is obviously AGP, but it's a Radeon 7000 VE or something like that.

Look on amd.com , drivers and support , graphics > legacy graphics > ati radeon ve series or ati radeon 7000 series

It will point you to Catalyst Software Suite from around 2016 : https://www2.ati.com/drivers/6-11-pre-r300_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_38185.exe

Note that the chip on the video card will need a tiny heatsink on it ... there was probably a tiny heatsink glued to it with some double sided adhesive thermal tape or some thermal glue... there's still residue on it.

edit: i guess it could be radeon 9600 and not 7000 ... either way it's old and not great, maybe not worth your time to find heatsink and potentially repair it if it's broken.

The smsc chip at the bottom is super i/o chip , it's a chip that does several things ... ps/2 keyboard and mouse, fan controller, parallel port for printers, infrared , LPC, floppy disk controller etc

You shouldn't need drivers for it.

1 hour ago, Cory Walters said:

What is this ?

15615218543712023834876.jpg

The first image seems to be some sort of ATI Radeon 9600 card

The second image is a super I/O chip which was used in socket 370 motherboards

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Top card appears to be an older ATI video card, perhaps a Radeon XT? Bottom chip appears to maybe be a motherboard because it says American Megatrends on the SMSC chip, but hard to say without a clearer picture of the whole board.

Thanks ? if you want to see all of the parts from a windows xp pc reply

1 hour ago, kirashi said: