LG 1080P monitor looks worse on PC than PS3. Why?

Hawick
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

Make sure your output dynamic range is set to full.

Spoiler

aEnlBkH.png

Got this LG monitor: "24MP55".

It's a standard 1080p 16 over 9 LG monitor with an ISP panel. So I've got a PS3 Slim in my room and I use this monitor to play PS3. I use HDMI cable. It looks just fine when using it with the PS3 machine, looks good and sharp in the menus, looks great while playing as well. Problem started when I recently plugged this monitor into my PC. The screen literally hurts my eyes, it kinda looks blurry but not really. I can't explain. It just looks off. I can't play games or watch videos. I can't stand looking at it. Something's really off, guys.

I checked the monitor's settings but it's the same stuff - I use these settings while it's plugged into PS3 as well.

It's really frustrating as I can't figure out what causes this. You guys are into tech much deeper than I am so could you help me if you got some time on your hands?

Thank you in advance!

You said you checked the monitor settings, but did you also check the windows settings? Make sure windows itself is running in 1080p

Go to desktop

Right click anywhere

Display settings

Make sure resolution is 1920x1080p

~Air Cooling Advocate~

@Votivee @Medicate

First of all, thanks for the replies.

I use Windows 8 and it automatically sets the resolution to the monitor's highest supported resolution. I check it every time. It's 1920x1080.

1 minute ago, Hawick said:

I use Windows 8

First of all, Ew.

Does the computer have a graphics card installed? Maybe try looking at the nvidia control panel or AMD settings.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

Just now, Votivee said:

First of all, Ew.

Does the computer have a graphics card installed? Maybe try looking at the nvidia control panel or AMD settings.

LOL. Of course I got a graphics card. GTX 750. Well, I'm not sure what settings to check, like, what options am I supposed to keep an eye out for?

Just now, Hawick said:

Well, I'm not sure what settings to check

No problem. I guess the first step would be for you to check if your drivers are up to date.

Here is the link to the drivers for your card for windows 8 64-bit.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/147962/en-us

Next, do the same thing as before. Right click on desktop, but now click nvidia control panel. Then select resolution.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

I wouldn’t  be surprised if scaling has increased to 125 or 150%. Check that too and refresh rate while your there

5 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Make sure your output dynamic range is set to full.

Reveal hidden contents

aEnlBkH.png

You, mister, are the savior of the world. I mean, the savior of my world. It was set to "Limited" for whatever reason and after changing it to "Full" it suddeny got good again.

Thanks all for the replies. Solved, please close this :D.