Looking for a new router?

FarmerGiles97

So im looking for a new router, ive been looking at these 3 routers? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Linksys-WRT32X-UK-AC3200-Dual-Band-Prioritisation/dp/B075GWBC22/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=gaming+router&qid=1561328265&s=gateway&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-XR500-Nighthawk-Gaming-Router/dp/B078X68G19/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=gaming+router&qid=1561329887&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Rapture-GT-AC5300-Tri-Band-Gigabit/dp/B074Z5JTLT/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=gaming+router&qid=1561329911&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

Im a little stuck on what to get, ive looked at reviews for all of these and everyone says their good, im just stuck on what would be best for my situation? 

I live in a pretty big house with thick walls, (Victorian). The current virgin router isnt quite doing it for me, i can get signal everywhere in the house so hoping this would help extend it a little.

All my computer,consoles and TV are connected via ethernet. 

These are my speed test results: 

8278172815.png

If you're happy with your current router but the only issue is Wi-Fi signal strength and you live in a large home with thick walls you may be better off looking into using multiple APs as oppose to one singular strong Wi-Fi source as you're more prone to end up with little dead-zones in the house as you move around.

I currently rock a Ubiquiti USG for my router, leading into a POE switch to power the Ubiquiti AC Pro's. I have a 3140sqft house and have no issues.

Key is AP placement. Ubiquiti does have some mesh APs to make it easier that you don't have to run wires. Do no get the nighthawk or the rapture. both have too many bells and whistles that you can easily do on any router and some patients and some googling. No need to pay more when you can do it on something half the cost.

I'm not sure the best router to choose, but I'd definitely recommend something with QoS for Virgin.  It improved my friends ping times dramatically.  Their routers don't seem to cope well when the connection is under heavy load, but can be put into bridge mode so you can use a plain ethernet router then.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 6/24/2019 at 12:05 AM, Windows7ge said:

If you're happy with your current router but the only issue is Wi-Fi signal strength and you live in a large home with thick walls you may be better off looking into using multiple APs as oppose to one singular strong Wi-Fi source as you're more prone to end up with little dead-zones in the house as you move around.

Current router software is really rubbish, would rather buy a new router, I use to link wall adapter currently to get wifi across the house.

14 minutes ago, JordanHopkins97 said:

Current router software is really rubbish, would rather buy a new router, I use to link wall adapter currently to get wifi across the house.

Ubiquiti makes some really good enterprise-like gear. They have a simple 2 port router (WAN/LAN) that you could hook a few APs up to. You'd have to run cables to those APs though.

Would anyone be able to have a look at the links and just tell me what would be best to get? Tbh I'm stuck between the linksy one and the night hawk one!