RTX 2060 or STRIX Vega 56 8G OC

Hannerz

I was wondering ii made the wrong decision since I bought a VEGA 56.  But I'm being told that 2060 is faster in every way. when I look up benchmarks the Vega 56Y actually outperforms the 2060 in most games. So, is my friend just being a NVIDA fanboy or are they some truth to this.

The RTX 2060 is generally a bit faster, but the variation between games means the Vega 56 can easily be faster in a good number of games.

2 hours ago, Hannerz said:

I was wondering ii made the wrong decision since I bought a VEGA 56.  But I'm being told that 2060 is faster in every way. when I look up benchmarks the Vega 56Y actually outperforms the 2060 in most games. So, is my friend just being a NVIDA fanboy or are they some truth to this.

I’ve just bought a 56. They trade blows stock but if you win the lottery and your 56 undervolts well you go from slightly above 1070 to over a 1080 in performance. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Did you check if you have Samsung memory? People have had success flashing Vega 64 bios onto vega 56 cards that have Samsung memory. Should give you a boost 

2 hours ago, Hannerz said:

Your not missing out on performance; they are very close and you have the 8mb over 6mb.

Even though i have a strix 2060, i only picked it for pretty much obscure personal requirements i had but all unrelated to raw performance.

Just enjoy the v56 :)