Louis Rossmann about Apple's stance on user privacy

caincha
7 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Ah yes, the slowdown. I was outraged too at first, but after some thinking, I realized it was actually a rather clever approach. Apple just has a nasty habit of dealing with it in a way that doesn't give user a choice in this regard

There are two ways to address this issue, the shady way and the frank way. Apple choose the shady way, and it will haunt them since from now on ppl will not trust them as much as before.

I agree A12 is a in a league of its own. But some of my friends that are using 6s series do get affected by this. 2 out of the 3 of them need to wait 1-2 second for the camera app to launch. This may or may not be caused by this slowdown, but since apple went the shady way, they got the blame for sure now.

another point, is phones suppose to degrade this much this fast? so after one-year of use, a 800-1000 dollar device is bound to be degraded to a point that the equipment inside need to be handicapped? I don't know, maybe smartphone manufacturers and ourselves as consumers need to clam down and think which is more important: cool but mostly useless features or longevity of your 1000 dollar device?