IR Technology Problem

Hello, I am trying to recover data from an old phone. which doesn't has Bluetooth but it has IR. Can any one help me how can I recover the date.

point to noted

I don't have any IR hardwire and software 

As far as I can remember older phones with IR would save data on the SIM (contacts and such) or memory card.

Other than that and with no hardware or software as you say if the data is really important buy yourself a similar phone and swap parts till you get yours working - and I'm assuming it ain't working otherwise just plug a cable to it and save as you normally would…?

Then again as said above not enough information to go on so…

Uuh... we are talking about 00s here. I think there might have been data transfer protocol for IR. But as said, this is before memory cards, so anything relevant would have been saved to SIM. Maybe photos, but for phones that had camera back then, USB connection would have been way to do it. Or atleast thats how I backed up few phones, my old Siemens and step-moms Nokia.

First you need to find out if the phone has capability for IR transfer, then get device which is capable of receiving via IR. Latter shouldn't be that hard, I bet you can find that stuff from eBay. Software might be different thing. As the only times I've used IR to do any data transfers were between old remote and fancy Logitech one (and to mupltiplay snake on old Nokia phones).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv