Battlefield servers which use different anti-cheat

Rakanoth

The current anti-cheat measures for Battlefield series is pretty bad from a technical perspective. It is easy to bypass the anti-cheat from a programming perspective.
Is there any custom Battlefield servers which use different anti-cheat? For example, the standard anti-cheat for CS GO is VAC. But there are servers or platforms which use different anti-cheat for CS such as ESEA, FaceIt, EAC, sXe Injected etc. and those servers are much better than VAC.

42 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

The current anti-cheat measures for Battlefield series is pretty bad from a technical perspective. It is easy to bypass the anti-cheat from a programming perspective.
Is there any custom Battlefield servers which use different anti-cheat? For example, the standard anti-cheat for CS GO is VAC. But there are servers or platforms which use different anti-cheat for CS such as ESEA, FaceIt, EAC, sXe Injected etc. and those servers are much better than VAC.

As far as I know, Battlefield servers all use the same anti-cheat solution. If you want to play FPS games without cheaters, play ones that allow customized anti-cheat solutions, or stop playing them. I experience this daily with PUBG because BattleEye seems to do jack-shit to prevent cheaters from ruining my games.

Full disclosure: Not trying to be a dick here - you've stumbled upon the bane of online multiplayer games. I have yet to play a game that has little to no cheaters as it's a never-ending game (pun intended) of cat and mouse. Blizzard's games, like Overwatch and WoW, along with Source game servers running additionaly anti-cheat solutions on top of VAC are the closest thing we have to decent anti-cheat experiences.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Which Battlefield are you talking about specifically?

For any of the ones launching through Origin I would assume the answer is no.

23 minutes ago, kirashi said:

As far as I know, Battlefield servers all use the same anti-cheat solution. If you want to play FPS games without cheaters, play ones that allow customized anti-cheat solutions, or stop playing them. I experience this daily with PUBG because BattleEye seems to do jack-shit to prevent cheaters from ruining my games.

Full disclosure: Not trying to be a dick here - you've stumbled upon the bane of online multiplayer games. I have yet to play a game that has little to no cheaters as it's a never-ending game (pun intended) of cat and mouse. Blizzard's games, like Overwatch and WoW, along with Source game servers running additionaly anti-cheat solutions on top of VAC are the closest thing we have to decent anti-cheat experiences.

With all due respect, I have to say that you didn't properly read my post. BF servers with custom anti-cheat was what I was asking about.

And no, VAC is garbage. BattlEye is 10 times better than VAC but it is also not enough. The best anti-cheat we have currently is ESEA but I don't know if there are BF servers which support ESEA. When I was playing CS GO on ESEA, I never came across a cheater. My friends who are playing there for a long time with high ranks say they have only seen one or two cheaters during the entire game play time (since 2016) on ESEA servers.

4 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

With all due respect, I have to say that you didn't properly read my post. BF servers with custom anti-cheat was what I was asking about.

And no, VAC is garbage. BattlEye is 10 times better than VAC but it is also not enough. The best anti-cheat we have currently is ESEA but I don't know if there are BF servers which support ESEA. When I was playing CS GO on ESEA, I never came across a cheater. My friends who are playing there for a long time with high ranks say they have only seen one or two cheaters during the entire game play time (since 2016) on ESEA servers.

With all due respect, I did read your post, but maybe misunderstood it. You are wondering if there are Battlefield servers that use custom anti-cheat solutions, correct? If so, I answered appropriately, stating that as far as I know, they all use the same anti-cheat solution. It's certainly not out of the question as to whether EA could fund DICE to allow third party anti-cheat solutions, but until that happens, you're stuck with whatever they decide is "best" - see the below reddit post for a more in-depth explanation of the state of anti-cheat in BF4 alone. (Yes, I know it's old, but the general ideas still apply if the cheating is still that rampant.)

I do agree with you can VAC by itself is bad, which is why I mentioned that Source games running additional anti-cheat solutions on top of VAC are the closes thing we have to preventing the majority of cheaters in online games. It's far from perfect, as you cannot stop 100% of cheaters (or malware, for that matter) but anything that let's us add another decimal point to 99.99% is a step in the right direction.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

In past, when competitive gaming was much bigger thing with Battlefield series, there were same kind of additional anti-cheat system as you see on competitive CS. As those are made by running additional scripts on server side, using them effectively has dies once EA/DICE decided to stop dedicated server support (or even renting servers). Back in BF3 the there were still lists of cheaters being gathered and automated systems to kick/ban them if their ID was noted on server. I remember our community BF3 server having that script running, though ours didn't get any hits.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2019 at 3:55 PM, Rakanoth said:

there sever in bf3 has custom anticheat http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/pc/76f57132-4e11-4122-bade-81392fff0200/2-WBKS-MixMode-AllMaps-200-T-FastSpawnFly-Noob/ some servers has custom anitcheat in bf 3 , still you see cheaters in the game