Low Budget PC only for Battlefield maybe COD

Hello Guys,

I was thinking a lot about buying an eGPU for my Macbook I use now, a newer powerful Macbook with integrated GPU or a low budget gaming PC in this order. 

CONTEXT

Actually I am using a MacBook Pro 13" early 2015 lowest configuration. I was able to play LoL and CS:GO (not anymore because of lower FPS how ever that came to be). Since I banned consoles out of my home to use only one System I decided to get a more powerful device where I can play Battlefield. 

I tried the eGPU solution but it didn't work well with my actual Macbook. So I thought of buying the newest 15" Macbook + eGPU. That can't happen yet. I am waiting for the new upcoming MacBooks. I know MacBooks are expensive, pc have better performance for less money bla bla bla, but I am still going to stay with Macbook since they are the one of the best  portable and durabel workstations and I love the OSX so much ( even the bootcamp solution is awesome ). 

GAMING

As I said the only game I would play on PC would be Battlefield and COD (Cod more less). I used to play games a lot but nowadays I am not like that anymore. Now I would play very rarely by occasions. In summer I would play more less like maximum 3 hours In a week in a month less than 10 hours maybe. 

I had a break for over 1 1/2 years. Sometimes I felt like " I want to play Battlefield for a few minutes" This is why I decided to play again.

Since I don't play that much anymore I didn't want to buy a pc just for that. But I think I decided otherwise. Even when I buy a new Macbook 15" anyways , I don't want to burn the integrated GPU that fast. If it won't happen by my playtime it would be great to know.

I kind of think it is a dumb idea to buy a pc just for that. A Laptop (which I use anyways) would be enough. But I don't want to reduce a MacBooks lifetime by playing battlefield even if it is less than 10 hours a month and even more less in summertimes. the PC would be covered in dust most of the times. 

I don't want the PC to be high end. I just want to play Battlefield in HD or FHD (not interested into 2.5k or 4k) in max. High Settings (never on low ! ) about 45 fps and up. 

BUDGET

under 400€

maybe this would be a very low Budget for my preference in settings (battlefield)  but I saw some builds with APU.

Like AMD Ryzen 2200G which could handle Battlefield on its own if it is cooled right. 

Would this be the best solution for me? 

Can I even upgrade the 300-400€ APU build with GPU's?

What do you think of eGPU and new Macbook combo in my situation? I wouldn't start the PC that much. The Plug&Play eGPU solution would fit the best in my case I guess. 

What are your thoughts 

2200g would run BF5 20-30fps in very low settings.

Get a cheap used RX570/580, and you'll game properly.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

rx570 4gb paired with a 2200g would run 1080p max perfectly, pair them with a cheap b350 motheboard and a ssd, and you will have yourself a nice browsing and mild gaming pc.

That's a very tight budget, but I got close with the below. Normally I'd recommend an Intel chip for a gaming rig, but since this is just for Battlefield V, all the Ryzen CPUs in your price range happen to perform better in that title. The SSD is JUST big enough for the OS and the game. 

What if I would want to play gta5 ? Is an AMD processor still good enough?

@jerubedo is the motherboard future proof?

Say if I want to play that way more than 5 Yeats and I need a new GPU or Memory . 

would it be dumb to buy the APU first and upgrade with a Radeon 570/580 later?

It would be cheaper then 1600 + 570/580

The 2200g alone could handle BF4 which I could play and when I feel the need to upgrade I would player BF1 and 5 ..

What do you think of 

AMD 1600

570x

msi b350 gaming plus

?

8 hours ago, GuyInNeed said:

What if I would want to play gta5 ? Is an AMD processor still good enough?

@jerubedo is the motherboard future proof?

Say if I want to play that way more than 5 Yeats and I need a new GPU or Memory . 

Yes, the board should last 5 years and can handle any upgrades. The 1600 will provide a smooth experience in GTA V, but an Intel chip will do quite a bit better in that title (and most other titles).