Help finding adapters for my moniter!

Kelp5127

So I have a 32 inch monitor that was 2nd hand. I have no idea how, but, the only input it has... Is mini display port. It wont let me change to any of the other inputs, form my research its been locked. But any attempts to unlock it have been unsuccessful. So, too connect anything to it I have to get an adapter to connect it. However, 99% of the adapters out there are build for the mini display port to be the OUTPUT and are not bi-directional. I manage to find one that adapts it to a full sized display port connection to hook it up to my PC. But i want to be able to hook it up to my PS4 and other devices that use HDMI, and I'm having a LOT of trouble trying to find an adapter/ cable that will allow me to do this. 

Anyone have any tips on finding an adapter or setup that will allow me to hook up HDMI devices?

I an not an expert but I think something like this could work.

https://www.amazon.com/gofanco-DisplayPort-Converter-Compliant-Dual-Mode/dp/B01BXMOREI?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_7

Adapter would convert HDMI to DP, and than you can use any DP to miniDP cable, as it is only the physical connector difference between full and mini DP.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

Thanks for the quick reply! After months of trying to fix my monitor I finally found out how (the menu was locked, finally found how to unlock it). So this problem is fixed, thanks for taking your time to try and help! :)