Which is the best outta this bunch in terms of sound and battery life (idc about NC)?

Plantronics Back Beat Pro 2 - link
Sony XB950B1 - link
Skull Candy Venue S6HCW-L003 - link
JBL 650BTNC - link

(Updated the links)

Edited by D33P
links updation

I can't say which sounds the best without trying them but for consumer products at that price point Sony and JBL usually give me what I expect so I would go for either of those.

also your links send you nowhere aside from this forum page so you might wanna fix that

4 hours ago, rice guru said:

also your links send you nowhere aside from this forum page so you might wanna fix that

wtf?! i didn't expect that. Anyway, these were just Amazon.in links for individual ones so you might wanna check them there yourself. Please do that and read reviews, I shortlisted the best of the best already. I heard Plantronics brand for the first time so if you got any insight to it please leave it here.

4 hours ago, D33P said:

wtf?! i didn't expect that. Anyway, these were just Amazon.in links for individual ones so you might wanna check them there yourself. Please do that and read reviews, I shortlisted the best of the best already. I heard Plantronics brand for the first time so if you got any insight to it please leave it here.

Nope I provided what I already wanted to say. I won't be that person making your decisions for your or the person doing your research for you. Research is not going to a forum and off loading to someone else. Find the information yourself and form an opinion. If someone else wants to do that fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 6:14 PM, rice guru said:

Nope I provided what I already wanted to say. I won't be that person making your decisions for your or the person doing your research for you. Research is not going to a forum and off loading to someone else. Find the information yourself and form an opinion. If someone else wants to do that fine.

Man, what makes you think I'll be carried away with those reviews? But what other option so I have to form an opinion? I wasn't able to find any of these headphones except 950b1 here locally to give them a test shot. 950b1 sounded very boomy and the bass effect made it worse! I want a cleaner sound signature. Can you please help me with that?

1 minute ago, D33P said:

Man, what makes you think I'll be carried away with those reviews? But what other option so I have to form an opinion? I wasn't able to find any of these headphones except 950b1 here locally to give them a test shot. 950b1 sounded very boomy and the bass effect made it worse! I want a cleaner sound signature. Can you please help me with that?

if you want a cleaner sound signature go with a sennheiser or akg headphone instead.

like a sennheiser hd 4.40/4.50 or th akg ky50 bt I own both but t me are fairly clean good sounding headphones. 

30 minutes ago, rice guru said:

like a sennheiser hd 4.40/4.50 or th akg ky50 bt I own both but t me are fairly clean good sounding headphones. 

Ok. I'll be mostly watching stuff on Netflix, YT and Plex. Music on TV is my second priority. I want a wireless headphone that won't clip easily and is capable of EQing to my own desire and taste. Like sometimes I like to watch silent movies and therefore I want ambient effects and vocals to be clear and accurate af while at other times I want a full-blown theatre-like experience for action movies with a heavy yet tighter response. Can 4.4/4.5 BT and ky50 do that?

these headphones are just as if not more capable as headphones than the ones you listed. you gave me links to certain headphones at a price point i gave you other choices that are cleaner than the sonys that you tried. I reccomend the 4.40/4.50 not super wide but have good mids clear for coives and have just enough bass to be cllear and not boomy to the point where the mids suffer. the y50's ae also great but the 4.40 to me just sounds better. 

I've never personally had issues with either sound wise but the y50 bt has questionable build qulity problems. 

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

these headphones are just as if not more capable as headphones than the ones you listed. you gave me links to certain headphones at a price point i gave you other choices that are cleaner than the sonys that you tried. I reccomend the 4.40/4.50 not super wide but have good mids clear for coives and have just enough bass to be cllear and not boomy to the point where the mids suffer. the y50's ae also great but the 4.40 to me just sounds better. 

I've never personally had issues with either sound wise but the y50 bt has questionable build qulity problems. 

Okay. Thanks for your recommendation. I think I might need to dig a bit deeper to get a perfect choice for me at around 10k INR. 

As for choosing bw 4.40/4.50, people say better get 4.40 instead.... I get it that every one has different ears but I won't rush onto the reviews alone, thats fo sho. 

Screenshot_20190627-105846.png

Screenshot_20190627-105842.png

1 minute ago, D33P said:

Okay. Thanks for your recommendation. I think I might need to dig a bit deeper to get a perfect choice for me at around 10k INR. 

As for choosing bw 4.40/4.50, people say better get 4.40 instead.... I get it that every one has different ears but I won't rush onto the reviews alone, thats fo sho. 

Screenshot_20190627-105846.png

Screenshot_20190627-105842.png

I got the 4.40 instead cause it's got no anc. The only difference between the 2 is the 4.50 has anc. But they sound the same

one thing you always have to remember with audio or any other hobby is tha a higher price does not always mean higher quality or better sound. 

11 minutes ago, rice guru said:

one thing you always have to remember with audio or any other hobby is tha a higher price does not always mean higher quality or better sound. 

Ofc yes. Some golden words right here!

I believe in this too. My SoundMagic E10C probably sound much better and wider than fucking beats pro or whatever they call it! ? 3 yrs in and they still didn't sound the same as day 1. I am also soon gonna get YAS-108 + NS-SW100 combo for my TV. It's such a banger value combo for just under 37k INR whereas that entry-level Bose soundbar costs as much as this entire combo!

23 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I got the 4.40 instead cause it's got no anc. The only difference between the 2 is the 4.50 has anc. But they sound the same

Yea, that's why reviews can be sometimes helpful in forbidding ourselves to go for the wrong products. Because all that matters is our basic requirements and expectations for a particular thing and how much are we willing to pay for it. 

So I think I've narrowed it all down to 4.40 bt, Plantronics backbeat pro, JBL and 650btnc. Any other suggestions bro? I am willing to go upto 13k Not a dime more than that.

6 hours ago, D33P said:

Yea, that's why reviews can be sometimes helpful in forbidding ourselves to go for the wrong products. Because all that matters is our basic requirements and expectations for a particular thing and how much are we willing to pay for it. 

So I think I've narrowed it all down to 4.40 bt, Plantronics backbeat pro, JBL and 650btnc. Any other suggestions bro? I am willing to go upto 13k Not a dime more than that.

Not really injust stick to the brand's I know and love and no one really offers bluetooth headphones at this price point except for the ones I already suggested. Even at this price I prefer to stay with a wired set.

Rtings has measurements of all of these headphones.

Battery Life:

Spoiler

Backbeat Pro: 30 hours battery life, 2.1 hours charge time

MDR-XB950B1: 20h battery life, 3.1h charge. Cannot play while charging, does not automatically shut off when inactive.

JBL 650BTNC: 22.1h battery life, 1.8h charge. Cannot play while charging, does not automatically shut off when inactive.

Skullcandy Venue: 24h battery life, 1.8h charge. Does not automatically shut off while in active. Has quick-charging option (5 hours in 10 minutes).

As for sound, I think the only ones I wouldn't consider unlistenable are the Plantronics and JBL, but there aren't many closed-backs that I enjoy using to begin with so take that with a grain of salt.

Taking price into consideration, the Sennheiser 4.40's look like a great value for 5150 renewed on Amazon. I would probably get those if it were my own money.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:36 PM, Nimrodor said:

Rtings has measurements of all of these headphones.

Battery Life:

Hide contents

Backbeat Pro: 30 hours battery life, 2.1 hours charge time

MDR-XB950B1: 20h battery life, 3.1h charge. Cannot play while charging, does not automatically shut off when inactive.

JBL 650BTNC: 22.1h battery life, 1.8h charge. Cannot play while charging, does not automatically shut off when inactive.

Skullcandy Venue: 24h battery life, 1.8h charge. Does not automatically shut off while in active. Has quick-charging option (5 hours in 10 minutes).

As for sound, I think the only ones I wouldn't consider unlistenable are the Plantronics and JBL, but there aren't many closed-backs that I enjoy using to begin with so take that with a grain of salt.

Taking price into consideration, the Sennheiser 4.40's look like a great value for 5150 renewed on Amazon. I would probably get those if it were my own money.

thnx man I almost forgot rtings! They're like the most reliable tv and headphone reviewers and my favorite too. As for my decision, I ain't earning yet so I'll be totally using my dad's wallet for this but he's also completely fine till 11k-ish so I'll order the Senns first. If any issues (renewed/new) I'll return it under 10-day return policy (I'm saying this because it's 4.1-rated and many users are complaining about the lack of low-end magnitude but they say the quality is perfect for the price so I believe them in that aspect). What can we expect at 7k, anyways, huh? Planar Magnetic or electrostats??!? ?

After Senns, I'll give Back Beat Pro 2 a shot.