Power Supply damaged my PC.

So a couple days ago I found that the RM750x from Corsair was on sale. I had been having horrible coil whine from my Coolermaster 650w power supply so I thought why not replace it.

It came in the mail yesterday and I took my pc unplugged everything and plugged in the new power supply. There was a flash of light and some noise and nothing happened. I double checked the Manual and everything to make sure I did everything properly and everything was in place. I tried it again and the same thing happened. Flash of light and nothing. 

Then I unplugged everything and plugged in my old power supply (the Coolermaster one) and turned it on. Nothing.

I have already talked to Corsair support and I have filed a damage claim (I still have warranty of every item although im not sure that it covers a faulty power supply) It will be a little bit before I am able to ship it to them.

Is there any way to diagnose what is broken and what is not? At this point I don't really know what to do. Should I just hang tight, ship it and wait. Or is there any way to find what could possibly be broken/not broken?   

4 minutes ago, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

It came in the mail yesterday and I took my pc unplugged everything and plugged in the new power supply.

Is your old PSU one with modular cables, and you just plugged its modular cables into the new PSU? If you did, well, that's what caused the damage. NEVER EVER PLUG ONE MODULAR PSU'S CABLES INTO ANOTHER ONE. They are not compatible. Always use the cables that came with the PSU.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Is your old PSU one with modular cables, and you just plugged its modular cables into the new PSU? If you did, well, that's what caused the damage. NEVER EVER PLUG ONE MODULAR PSU'S CABLES INTO ANOTHER ONE'S. They are not compatible. Always use the cables that came with the PSU.

nononononononoono. I unplugged everything and used corsair's modular cables. I had been told that by a friend, yea that could have made things much worse.

10 minutes ago, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

Is there any way to diagnose what is broken and what is not? At this point I don't really know what to do. Should I just hang tight, ship it and wait. Or is there any way to find what could possibly be broken/not broken?   

Only by unplugging everything and trying one thing at a time. Disconnect all fans, GPU, drives, if you have multiple sticks of RAM, remove all but one and see what happens.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

21 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Only by unplugging everything and trying one thing at a time. Disconnect all fans, GPU, drives, if you have multiple sticks of RAM, remove all but one and see what happens.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was everything.

If he's lucky it's just the main board, but.... well it's really dependent upon what was wrong.

Pro-tip, you can actually use your nose in situations like this. Sniff around for burnt plastics on the various components. I've had to do that to diagnose system boards in laptops, in the past.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 hours ago, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

(I still have warranty of every item although im not sure that it covers a faulty power supply)

Your products are still covered under their own warranties.  Dead is dead.  They're not going to test it and say, "oh.. Looks like your PSU blew up.  Can't replace your stuff."