Is GamesCom Congress Worth It?

Hi Peeps,

So my friends and I are considering going to GamesCom Congress alongside GamesCon, and wondered if it is generally worthwhile.

We are all technology professionals with an interest in gaming, technology, and vr but not the games industry.  Also Pro gamers, streamers, MOBAs mean very little to us.

Keen to hear from people who have attended previously 

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

shoulda went to E3! idk about gamescon tho

I am British not American, the cost difference is huge.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

1 minute ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

I am British not American, the cost difference is huge.

oh lmao

I went a couple times a few years back.

It really depends on what you‘d like to get out of it. Queueing up to play a game (or to do anything for that matter) often takes a considerable amount of time, if you‘re lucky then you might be able to do a couple per day, but I was usually sick of waiting after just one or two games. That being said, I do remember there being games that had little to no queues, so if you‘re flexible in terms of what you’d like to try then maybe it‘ll be more worthwhile in that regard.

I also remember a lot of giveaways where they threw merchandise into the audience or did some other type of contest. Quite cool actually, friend of mine won a 300€ graphics card. Hosted panels are also a thing, though I don‘t really know who does them nowadays and to which extent that‘d be of interest to you.

If my memory serves me right then there were also a good amount of non gaming related activities outside, but I couldn’t tell you what exactly it was.

Overall I‘d say it can be a good time. The only real downside are the long queues, but then I guess you‘d have them on any con of this size.

• 2 months later...

Deleted as its an old thread.

Gaming Machine: CPU: AMD 7950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Lian Li Dynamic Evo | MOBO: X670E Asus Crosshair Extreme RAM: 64B DDR4 G.Skill 6000mhz ram | GPU: AMD 7900 XTX PSU: Corsair RM1000x with cablemod cables SSD's: 2TB Seagate 530, 4TB Seagate 530, 1TB WD SN850 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator| Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex mini pro | HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Linux Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Phantek Evolv X | MOBO: X570 Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz ram | GPU: AMD 6900XT PSU: Corsair AX1200 with custom white sleeved Cables  SSD's: 1Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex Pro| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Basement Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Thermaltake Core Pro 3 | MOBO: X570 Gigabyte Xtreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz ram | GPU: Rtx 3080 Ti PSU: Corsair RM1000x  SSD's: 1Tb Crucial P3 Plus & 2Tb SN850 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 32" 1440p monitor | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Das Ultimate| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset