WIFI Adapter Not Connecting To Kali Linux

Hello :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFORMATION:

I am running Kali Linux (dual boost from windows 10) with my laptop.

My laptop has a WIFI card and doesn’t need an external WIFI adapter to be able to access internet. However, I do want to use a WIFI adapter when running Kali Linux. My laptops main operative system is windows 10.

And if It helps, my laptop: Lenovo Yoga 720

MY ADAPTER I WANT TO USE IN KALI LINUX:

Atheros AR9271

IEEE 802.11B/G/N

Long-Range USB Adapter

ALFA AWUS036NHA

MY PROBLEM: I can’t get my WIFI adapter to connect to Kali Linux (the adapter is 100% working, have tried on windows).

I’m not finding the adapter while connected to the laptop

So how do I connect this adapter to my laptop (in Kali Linux)?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings. And thanks for all the help I can get.

5 minutes ago, StamflyTV said:

MY PROBLEM: I can’t get my WIFI adapter to connect to Kali Linux (the adapter is 100% working, have tried on windows).

You are probably lacking the firmware-files for the WiFi-adapter. Under debian the package you'd have to install is called firmware-atheros, but, since I don't use Kali, I do not know what it would be called there.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, StamflyTV said:

I am running Kali Linux (dual boost from windows 10) with my laptop.

Don't do that. Kali is not meant to be installed.

2 minutes ago, StamflyTV said:

Did you install the driver?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

@Sauron No, i dont know how to install the drivers to my adapter. I have tried to google, but all these guides are for windows

45 minutes ago, StamflyTV said:

@Sauron No, i dont know how to install the drivers to my adapter. I have tried to google, but all these guides are for windows

There's a guide on the Debian wiki, it should apply to kali too. But seriously, don't use kali outside of a live pendrive or a virtual machine.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, StamflyTV said:

@Sauron I tried your guide, but only got errors:

https://ibb.co/9YV8DGp

https://imgur.com/PDNLBpr

Mate, how about trying to actually read the error-message? It rather clearly says "htto" there, instead of "http" -- you typoed. Fix your typo.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, StamflyTV said:

@WereCatf Ehm, i typed the correct commands, idk why it says htto

No, you didn't. You typoed when you edited sources.list and it's entirely visible in the 2nd screenshot.

@WereCatf You are right, i changed it now, and didnt got any errors. But for some reason i still cant connect the wifi adapter.

Though i tried connect wifi adapter to kali linux IN VIRTUAL BOX. And i got this error message

ojdå.PNG

1 minute ago, StamflyTV said:

But for some reason i still cant connect the wifi adapter.

Did you reboot?

57 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Did you reboot?

@WereCatf  Yes, and i check ifconfig and airmon-ng

look picture: 

HEEEJ.jpg

3 minutes ago, StamflyTV said:

@WereCatf  Yes, and i check ifconfig and airmon-ng

look picture: 

HEEEJ.jpg

According to the picture, it's working fine?

Just now, StamflyTV said:

@WereCatf  so the card is connected to Kali Linux? :D

You can see that airmon-ng says wlan0 is the Atheros AR9271 and then ifconfig says wlan0 does have an IP-address, which means that it is connected to your WiFi already.

@WereCatf But how about it says: you alredy have a wlan0mon device but it is not in monitor mode.

2 minutes ago, StamflyTV said:

@WereCatf But how about it says: you alredy have a wlan0mon device but it is not in monitor mode.

That's a different issue.

6 minutes ago, StamflyTV said:

@WereCatf Do you know how i can fix that?

Look, mate, I'm not trying to be insulting here, but you need to start reading more closely what apps tells you. Airmon-ng, for example, tells you that the WiFi-adapter is already in use and it also tells you how to remove wlan0mon as well -- turn WiFi off in Kali's settings and remove wlan0mon and try again.