Office PC Trouble!

D3monw3st

Hello,

I am currently looking to build several office PCs and this was the configuration I am looking to purchase. I have one computer on its way, so that I can test it out and see how well it performs. However, I was wondering if there were any areas that I could cut down costs on? I don't think I need anything bigger than 100 GBs of storage. Looking to order everything from Amazon. 

PC: 

NOTE: Price came out to around $380, I wish it was 307 haha!

Thank you!

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

For office pcs, Id normally suggest getting something like a dell refurb as its normally easier to manage and work with and about the same price or cheaper, but this will fe fine aswell.

Id get a name brand ssds, those cheap ones are known for high failure rates and random high latencys.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

For office pcs, Id normally suggest getting something like a dell refurb as its normally easier to manage and work with and about the same price or cheaper, but this will fe fine aswell.

Id get a name brand ssds, those cheap ones are known for high failure rates and random high latencys.

Ah really, I originally had something completely different; however, I was told to go to a name brand leading me to TCSunBow. 

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 

Yeah, what Electronics Wizardy said. But if you do decide to assemble your own, and correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the 2200G could only use up to 2666Mhz RAM? And if this is your first build, it might be better to use a mid tower case for convenience.

Edit: You might also want to get a modular PSU, or at least semi. I had enough trouble cable managing with the cords I used in my build, and my PSU was semi-modular

3 minutes ago, D3monw3st said:

Ah really, I originally had something completely different; however, I was told to go to a name brand leading me to TCSunBow

I wouldn't call that a name brand, id get something like crutical, samgsung, toshiba, wd, sandisk, and the many other larger companies.

1 minute ago, OtterlyDumb said:

Yeah, what Electronics Wizardy said. But if you do decide to assemble your own, and correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the 2200G could only use up to 2666Mhz RAM? And if this is your first build, it might be better to use a mid tower case for convenience.

You can go >2666 mts, but then its overclocking.

1 minute ago, OtterlyDumb said:

Looks like the 2200G uses 3000MHz ram. Also, this wouldn't be my first rodeo w/ building a PC. 

I'd suggest a case with a closed top. Top grills are an invitation to collect dust and spilt beverages.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

6 hours ago, D3monw3st said:

Hello,

I am currently looking to build several office PCs and this was the configuration I am looking to purchase. I have one computer on its way, so that I can test it out and see how well it performs. However, I was wondering if there were any areas that I could cut down costs on? I don't think I need anything bigger than 100 GBs of storage. Looking to order everything from Amazon. 

PC: 

NOTE: Price came out to around $380, I wish it was 307 haha!

Thank you!

I'd recommend you to get some good old prebuilts with something like an i5/i7 3rd/4th gen.

If you plan to buy all new parts, you can go with something like this...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($83.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($75.61 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($28.95 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-06 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($24.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($41.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $285.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-14 23:48 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

2 hours ago, brob said:

I'd suggest a case with a closed top. Top grills are an invitation to collect dust and spilt beverages.

There won't be any beverages, but dust is definitely a problem. The dust collector should be able to keep it from getting in, no?  

21 minutes ago, vexicus365 said:

I'd recommend you to get some good old prebuilts with something like an i5/i7 3rd/4th gen.

If you plan to buy all new parts, you can go with something like this...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($83.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($75.61 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($28.95 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-06 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($24.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($41.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $285.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-14 23:48 EDT-0400

Isn't having one channel of ram bad? 

Just now, D3monw3st said:

Isn't having one channel of ram bad? 

Your employees would'nt be gaming, right?

So, it would'nt make much of a difference....

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Just now, vexicus365 said:

Your employees would'nt be gaming, right?

So, it would'nt make much of a difference....

Right, they wouldn't. However, one of the programs that they'll be running would be a bit heavy on the CPU - potentially a dual monitor for some as well. 

Just now, D3monw3st said:

Right, they wouldn't. However, one of the programs that they'll be running would be a bit heavy on the CPU - potentially a dual monitor for some as well. 

would'nt make much of a difference...

Also i am trying to keep the cost low....

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Just now, vexicus365 said:

would'nt make much of a difference...

Also i am trying to keep the cost low....

Yeah, okay. Does Ryzen pride off of dual channel or does it not matter. Also thanks for keeping that in mind. 

Yeah, okay. Does Ryzen pride off of dual channel or does it not matter. Also thanks for keeping that in mind. 

dual channel is important fr ryzen builds...but for office pc it shouldn't affect much in performance.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

1 minute ago, vexicus365 said:

dual channel is important fr ryzen builds...but for office pc it shouldn't affect much in performance.

Right, I think one of the programs would require a bit on the heavy side for the CPU which is why I threw in dual channel. 

Right, I think one of the programs would require a bit on the heavy side for the CPU which is why I threw in dual channel. 

You can use these instead...

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VXRzK8/team-t-force-vulcan-8gb-2-x-4gb-ddr4-3200-memory-tlred48g3200hc16cdc01

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

2 minutes ago, vexicus365 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm currently using.

Also if you have a network with decent storage and speed you could try just a network drive for the main drive of the systems but that may be out of your scope.