Helping my friend put a budget build together

eman1000
Go to solution Solved by jerubedo,

Two options:

I'd personally use the first one for the listed games.

A third option that goes even cheaper at the expense of less RAM and storage and a cheaper tower:

Ignore the compatibility errors on the 9100F builds. It does come with a stock cooler. 

21 hours ago, jerubedo said:

Ignore the compatibility errors on the 9100F builds. It does come with a stock cooler. 

Finally added it as a CPU instead of an OTHER piece I see! Lol

On 6/14/2019 at 9:16 PM, eman1000 said:

Hi, my friend is looking for a modest build that can run 1080p 60fps at medium settings. He doesn't have a defined budget but the lower the better. Thanks in advance.

Can you wait 2-3 Weeks?
On the 7th there will be something interesting available...

11 hours ago, eman1000 said:

Thanks for the input. I was looking into it and found that the 9400f actually outperforms the 1600 in gaming benchmarks.

Granted the 1600 surpassed intel in productivity work, but my friend has no use for this capability.

And there is a Scheduler update in the Works (not active yet), that increases the Performance and the "Intel is faster in Gaming" might not be true much longer.

With the 1600, wich is rather cheap, you can upgrade to this new CPU, with the other one probably not...

Also the 6 Cores without SMT (or 4 with the 9100) might be a Problem in the Future - same as it was with the E8x00 back in the Core 2 Era, who bought that instead of a Quad core. Or the Dual Cores a year before that...

Same thing here, one might look faster now but in the future its likely that it will change.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

• 4 weeks later...

Used 980 ti and a used office workstation all for $200.