Reco for a time slot selling feature

LAazsx

Hi guys,

I'm tasked to create a website where our client can sell a limited number of tickets for specific time slots in a given day, and we can't settle on how to go about the allocation of tickets per time slot per day.

Scenario
1. Time slots are  at 30 minute intervals

2. Number of tickets are set on a per time slot basis

3. Number of tickets per slot is the same, regardless of day (except when client decides to change them)

Proposed Solution

Have a screen where the client selects a date range and select which days of the week to open slots for.

Capture.JPG.36150991dc1f8fb859140d37056d84be.JPG

Cons:

1. User has to open new slots at a given interval (though, i can create a scheduled task for this)

2. User has to manually close slots on the calendar page

3. A slot has to be first opened before being closed manually (thought of creating a "skip dates" but it won't be used that much so no point in deving this)

Capture.JPG.dbd444ed5016d469ede4f3c7ade90460.JPG

I'm not quite satisfied with the solution but that's all i was able to come up with in the last 2 days. Any other recommendations?

It's hard to say without knowing the context it will be used in - if your client doesn't normally offer time slots on weekends you could start by skipping them when opening slots in a given date range and give the client the option to include them if necessary.

Individual skip dates are probably no less hassle than just selecting separate date ranges so I don't think there's much point to doing that.

It may be useful to let the client drag select a bunch of time slots instead of having to manually insert a start and end date or click on each checkbox.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*