Debian installation strange screen issue

mousey92

Hey Forum,

I've recently started my own home server project, and I want to use "Openmediavault as a services on top of a Debian OS". I've never installed a Linux-based OS, but I do quite a bit of work on a Linux system for my job, so it seemed easy enough.

Components installed, loaded up BIOS to see all parts recognized. I didn't touch any overclocking utilities. Everything was going just fine. Until I launch the installer on boot, when I get the following screen:

956764438_2019-06-0915_08_44.thumb.jpg.6bac0534cadb0a062186bd81af847328.jpg

I can move the red bar (which I'm going to guess is a line selection highlighter) up and down, but I sure as hell can't read anything it says...

I've tried updating my BIOS, but I can't install a newer version.

Spec list:

Asrock B450M-HDV (BIOS version 1.30)

AMD 200GE

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 1x4GB 2666MHz

CoolerMaster MasterWatt 450

Corsair MP510 256GB

2x WD RED 3TB

Any indication as to what could be wrong and how to fix it would be great. I just hope I don't have to send back parts...

Need to disable kernel mode setting through the bootloader.  Its a bug in the AMD and/or generic drivers setting up the wrong frame buffer format AFAIK.

There are plenty of guides on google now that you know what to search for, I dont recall 100% of the steps off the top of my head.