PC Freezes while playing games

Atik Shaikh

Hi, my pc completely freezes while playing games. I even switched off the windows 10 game mode.

I also re-installed older version of nividia geforce graphic driver. But same issue.

It only and only happens while playing games. Apart from playing games no matter how much heavy load work I do like after effects etc, the pc doesn't crash.

It even freezes for games as old as 2009.

One weird thing though, I use bandicam to record gamplays, so they also have an FPS counter display. And my FPS goes way above 2K count. I don't know why.

My monitor is Acer VV206HQL https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/professional-model/UM.IV6AA.A02

Kindly help me out guys.

My system has the following configuration:

Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

Processor: Ryzen 7 1700

RAM : 16GB Gskill + 8GB HyperX Fury

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Triple Fan AMP Extreme Edition

Windows : WIndows 10 PRO 2019 May update

(Please check the .html file attached for cpuz spec export)

DESKTOP-S9KIBUD.html

has your 1070 got the latest drivers I had that problem too and it looked like just a driver issue

16 minutes ago, Thomas_nerd said:

have you overclocked any of your hardware?

I don't have the faintest idea how to do that. Or if it's already done, then how to undo that? How can I check it?

Although I did do one thing. In cpuz, I did the stress cpu thing. And that time as well my pc froze.

17 minutes ago, Thomas_nerd said:

has your 1070 got the latest drivers I had that problem too and it looked like just a driver issue

I tried multiple versions of the driver including the latest. No luck there either.

2 minutes ago, Atik Shaikh said:

I don't have the faintest idea how to do that. Or if it's already done, then how to undo that? How can I check it?

Although I did do one thing. In cpuz, I did the stress cpu thing. And that time as well my pc froze. 

you can chck by restarting your pc and pressing the button prompted on screen to enter bios

3 minutes ago, Atik Shaikh said:

it might be your thermals have you tried dusting out the inside of the pc?

How long are the freezes and if they are long can you still tab out while playing in windowed mode?

18 minutes ago, Thomas_nerd said:

it might be your thermals have you tried dusting out the inside of the pc?

Last week yes.

3 minutes ago, HomuraZ said:

How long are the freezes and if they are long can you still tab out while playing in windowed mode?

It just freezes for eternity. I left it like that for 30 mins. No progress. I have to manually force restart it.

1 hour ago, Atik Shaikh said:

Last week yes. 

have you seen your thermals.

16 minutes ago, Thomas_nerd said:

have you seen your thermals.

Sorry about the noob question. How do I do that kind sir?

you might want to try resetting the BIOS. to do that, press the power button and start repeatedly pressing the F10 \ F2 \ Del (depending on your motherboard's manufacturer) button until it goes into a special screen that you usually don't see when booting up your computer. look for something along the lines of "Load Default Settings" and hit enter, then click "save settings and restart".

otherwise, it might be your CPU temps. check them by downloading a tool called "CoreTemp" and running it while stress testing. if it hits above 100 degrees Celsius, make sure your heatsink is seated properly and that the thermal paste hasn't dried off.

16 hours ago, Atik Shaikh said:

Sorry about the noob question. How do I do that kind sir?

don't worry I had to learn how to do this only the other day, I would recommend install in software called HW_monitor it is software that will give you readings on your thermals. or you could go with AIDA64burn test, this will give you readings on your thermals and tell you if you are thermal throttling, or you could go with coretemp as ranshaa05 said