Looking to buy a VR headset

iamdarkyoshi

I'm so stuck between options though.

The rift S seems almost perfect but the damn screen only runs at 80hz, which is very low for me, since I usually play games at 144hz.

I don't have a set budget yet, its more a case of see what I need to save up for.

The PC running this will be my livingroom PC with a GTX 1070 and 4790K with 2400mhz DDR3. Not amazing specs, but its a fair bit above most of the recommended specs for these things.

I know companies like HP even have headsets now, are they worth looking into? How good is their support for steamVR and games? How about oculus? 

I would just get a standard Rift or Vive. VR isn't worth sinking alot of money into.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 6/5/2019 at 5:49 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

I'm so stuck between options though.

The rift S seems almost perfect but the damn screen only runs at 80hz, which is very low for me, since I usually play games at 144hz.

I don't have a set budget yet, its more a case of see what I need to save up for.

The PC running this will be my livingroom PC with a GTX 1070 and 4790K with 2400mhz DDR3. Not amazing specs, but its a fair bit above most of the recommended specs for these things.

I know companies like HP even have headsets now, are they worth looking into? How good is their support for steamVR and games? How about oculus?