Any extended RGB mouse pad do REAL rainbow wave?

JTMarch86

Hey guys, I was looking at getting an extended (like XXL) rgb mouse pad. 
Every single one of them show an image of it with all the rainbow colors on it at the same time, 
but I can't seem to find any that actually do that. 
It seems that most just use that light bar that is lit up by 2 leds in the control box. 
So with only those 2 leds, its impossible to do a true rainbow wave. 
When I think rainbow wave, I'm thinking like the Coolermaster 200mm fans that come on the H500M, or Gskill TridentZ RGB ram. 

Is there ANY extended rgb soft mouse mat that actually does this? Or do they all use the same "2 zone" bullshit? 

Was looking at: 

Razer Goliath Extended Chroma: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DG64YL9/ref=psdc_705323011_t1_B06XT1ZNQF
SteelSeries Qck XL Prism: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HYXKWS9/ref=psdc_705323011_t3_B06XT1ZNQF?th=1
Luxcom RGB: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GSXJZSV/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_3eP9CbD22V4G3
This one, which seems like its from the same OEM manufacturer as Luxcom but has an additional USB passthrough: 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P7QM8ZM/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_eyO9CbZZZH8RQ

Do any of these actually do that? Or does anyone know of one that does? 
Thanks for the info guys

Intel i7 8700k @ 5.3GHz - Asus Maximus X Hero - 16GB Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 - Viotek 27" 1440p 144hz curved- Corsair AX860i - CM H500M - Custom watercooling loop (BlackIce GT 360mm w/ Corsair SP120s in pull) - Swiftech MCP35X Pump - XSPC WaterBlock - Intel 760p 512gb nvme m.2 + [2x] 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSDs (RAID0) + 512GB Samsung 840 pro + (2) 2TB WD Black + 1TB WD Black + 1TB SCSI WD External for Plex Media Server storage - CM QuickFire TK w/ Cherry MX Blues - Roccat Tyon - VModa Crossfade LP - Klipsche ProMedia 2.1's pushed with a FiiO Andes F07K DAC

Oh, I also found the Cooler Master MP750: https://www.newegg.com/cooler-master-masteraccessory-mp750/p/N82E16826993103

If anyone has any experience with any of these and knows if they can do a real rainbow wave effect, i'd appreciate it 

Intel i7 8700k @ 5.3GHz - Asus Maximus X Hero - 16GB Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 - Viotek 27" 1440p 144hz curved- Corsair AX860i - CM H500M - Custom watercooling loop (BlackIce GT 360mm w/ Corsair SP120s in pull) - Swiftech MCP35X Pump - XSPC WaterBlock - Intel 760p 512gb nvme m.2 + [2x] 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSDs (RAID0) + 512GB Samsung 840 pro + (2) 2TB WD Black + 1TB WD Black + 1TB SCSI WD External for Plex Media Server storage - CM QuickFire TK w/ Cherry MX Blues - Roccat Tyon - VModa Crossfade LP - Klipsche ProMedia 2.1's pushed with a FiiO Andes F07K DAC

4 minutes ago, JTMarch86 said:

Oh, I also found the Cooler Master MP750: https://www.newegg.com/cooler-master-masteraccessory-mp750/p/N82E16826993103

If anyone has any experience with any of these and knows if they can do a real rainbow wave effect, i'd appreciate it 

There are reviews of them all over youtube,you could just do some research and find out for yourself.. Anyways, Razer Goliath Extended Chroma does not do real rainbow effect iirc, as for others I do not know.

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

There are reviews of them all over youtube,you could just do some research and find out for yourself.. Anyways, Razer Goliath Extended Chroma does not do real rainbow effect iirc, as for others I do not know.

Oh trust me, I have. I've spent hours watching videos on each one. Most videos don't even go over the lighting effects. it's like these youtubers don't even bother to think that that might be an important thing to talk about an explain when reviewing an RGB pad. 
I've even checked the videos posted by Amazon.com reviewers. 
Most do not seem like they do it, but they all show images that they do. So yea, I just can't tell, which is why I'm asking here. 

Thanks for the info on the Goliath though. 
You know, out of all of them, that one should have. So that doesn't give me much hope for the rest as the Razer one has their software and is the most expensive

2 minutes ago, JTMarch86 said:

Oh trust me, I have. I've spent hours watching videos on each one. Most videos don't even go over the lighting effects. it's like these youtubers don't even bother to think that that might be an important thing to talk about an explain when reviewing an RGB pad. 
I've even checked the videos posted by Amazon.com reviewers. 
Most do not seem like they do it, but they all show images that they do. So yea, I just can't tell, which is why I'm asking here. 

Thanks for the info on the Goliath though. 
You know, out of all of them, that one should have. So that doesn't give me much hope for the rest as the Razer one has their software and is the most expensive

Not to be a dick, but why do you care so much? I myself do not find myself staring into my mousepad, so rainbow or no rainbow does not really bother me. Just to be clear, that pad has sorta rainbow effect, but not a "real" one, not like

59 minutes ago, JTMarch86 said:

Coolermaster 200mm fans that come on the H500M, or Gskill TridentZ RGB ram.

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Not to be a dick, but why do you care so much? I myself do not find myself staring into my mousepad, so rainbow or no rainbow does not really bother me. Just to be clear, that pad has sorta rainbow effect, but not a "real" one, not like

I'd like it to match my other leds. like my keyboard, ram, fans on my pc, my water cooling, etc  I don't want some flickering, uneven, or shitty faded rgb leds. 
I'm just trying to get my room all setup the way I want. 

an I'm trying to figure out if all of these damn things are just using false advertising. 
I can't stand that. If you show an image that represents your product, it better be able to do that. 
And they are all showing like 15+ zones with their own colors. kinda messed up tbh