SSD under GPU temps?

I currently run my rig with my ssd under my GPU, Which I then realize my GPU is exhausting hot air all over my ssd. Will it affect my ssd significantly?

I have a Samsung 850 evo 250gb, Max temps of my gpu under load is around 70-80c.

I have the nzxt 500 and I mounted my ssd directly below the exhaust of my gpu.

5 minutes ago, MoneyISthebottleneck said:

I currently run my rig with my ssd under my GPU, Which I then realize my GPU is exhausting hot air all over my ssd. Will it affect my ssd significantly?

I have a Samsung 850 evo 250gb, Max temps of my gpu under load is around 70-80c.

I have the nzxt 500 and I mounted my ssd directly below the exhaust of my gpu.

GPU’s exhaust out to the rear where the slots are. I also have my m.2 nvme installed under my GPU. Nothing wrong with that. What are your ssd temps?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Temperatures are important and it may be a problem, but in fact I never heard about overheated ssd.

6 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Temperatures are important and it may be a problem, but in fact I never heard about overheated ssd.

there is 1 from jayz2cents about rgb ssd's from kingston i believe

19 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Maybe, but it's Kingston - last brand I would choose to buy anything. Probably Sansong or Wasted Digidal would be better alternative (if such brands existed).

Hi,

is this a SATA SSD? Judging from the looks of your case there are bays for 2.5" drives right below where your GPU would be. As the other people already suggested, look at the SSD's temperatures first.
It looks like your case also has 2.5" bays on the rear of the motherboard tray. Did you try mounting your SSD there instead? I would expect the SSD temps (and possible also the GPU temps) to improve. This of course is under the assumption that you are using the 2.5" model of this SSD and not an M.2 one.

Just now, homeap5 said:

Maybe, but it's Kingston - last brand I would choose to buy anything. Probably Sansong or Wasted Digidal would be better alternative (if such brands existed).

Kingston HyperX headphones are the best I've used so far(for gaming and at a low-ish budget)

22 minutes ago, Oalei said:

That was because the RGB SSD had like 72(?) LEDs on that tiny ssd, that's more than what 4 Corsair LL120 RGB fans contain. Don't know why Kingston opted to stuff that SSD full of LEDs though

39 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

GPU’s exhaust out to the rear where the slots are. I also have my m.2 nvme installed under my GPU. Nothing wrong with that. What are your ssd temps?

Don't non-blower cards also exhaust heat to the sides and front of the GPU?

1 minute ago, _d0nut said:

Don't non-blower cards also exhaust heat to the sides and front of the GPU?

Well I suppose depends, but it mainly comes out of the rear as the fans spin that way on most models I’ve noticed. I haven’t noticed much air coming out of the sides/front as at the front I have fans pulling air in. 

As for thermal on SSD, it shouldn’t really influence it.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Well my mistake, So the fans on the bottom are for intake; the more you know thanks guys. I just watched jayztwocents vid about the overheated ssd aswell I just got worried since these things ain't cheap.