Probably a simple question

BetterThanTofu

Drives E and D are on the same hard drive how do I make windows represent them as one?

post-7643-0-70494300-1390702162.png

PC Spec/ Peripherals: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (OC @ 3.8GHz) - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Heatsink - ASRock 970 EXTREME3 Motherboard - G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB 240-Pin - Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7950 3GB - Western Digital 1TB HDD (Caviar Black) - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CoolerMaster Storm Scout Case - Razer Naga Gaming mouse - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard

Drives E and D are on the same hard drive how do I make windows represent them as one?

Reformat and partition them as one drive.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

"Gabe (N:)" lmfao

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

Hey @BetterThanTofu

You will have to go into the disk management settings. to do that, right click on "Computer" (My Computer) and select manage. A new window will appear, go to "Disk Management". The computer will build a list of hard drives currentlly available. You will have to right click on the 2 "Partitions" drives D and E (which are the same physical drive). Then they will merge together to be seen as one. Right click it and select "Format" say "yes" to the defaults and you are ready.

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Shouldn't separate drives be better, so if one crashes, you'll still have the files for the other?

Shouldn't separate drives be better, so if one crashes, you'll still have the files for the other?

They are both on one physical drive but are represented apart in windows 

PC Spec/ Peripherals: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (OC @ 3.8GHz) - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Heatsink - ASRock 970 EXTREME3 Motherboard - G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB 240-Pin - Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7950 3GB - Western Digital 1TB HDD (Caviar Black) - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CoolerMaster Storm Scout Case - Razer Naga Gaming mouse - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard

Delete partition #2 then extend partition #1.

When i extend Partition 1 it gives me this error message "The volume requires contiguous disk events"

http://gyazo.com/276936ef874ba983e7ffe048a876d237