FX Audio DAC-X6?

CloudNug

I own the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm headphones. They're currently plugged directly in to my Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard via the onboard 3.5mm

I want to purchase a cheap AMP/DAC and after looking for a while I've stumbled across the FX Audio DAC-X6. It's apparently better than the FiiO E10K I've seen being mentioned, and they're the same price. I may upgrade to a Schiit Modi 3 + Magni 3 combo later, however I want a cheap one for now. 

Thoughts?

NEW-FX-AUDIO-DAC-X6-MINI-HiFi-2-0-Digital-Audio-Decoder-DAC-Input-USB-Coaxial.jpg_640x640.jpg

I found the e10k to not have enough power for the 990 the dac x6 should have enough power and is excelent for the price. dont buy a magni as it has recently gotten overtaken as of last year in terms of value amps at around $100. the liquid spark and the ATOm are better sounding amps for the same price. the modi is fine though but you can get cheaper dacs for simillar performance like a topping d10, d30, grace design sdac.

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I found the e10k to not have enough power for the 990 the dac x6 should have enough power and is excelent for the price

Yeah, I also thought it was very good value for money. Considering, it was the only one in that price range that supported 250-300 ohm. I'll go for that, thank you.

1 minute ago, CloudNug said:

Yeah, I also thought it was very good value for money. Considering, it was the only one in that price range that supported 250-300 ohm. I'll go for that, thank you.

also in order to change the gain to high or low gain look up how to do so on the internet as it involves opening up the unit as you might have to do it for the dt 990. dont worry its completely safe and really quick and easy to do.

Just now, rice guru said:

also in order to change the gain to high or low gain look up how to do so on the internet as it involves opening up the unit as you might have to do it for the dt 990. dont worry its completely safe and really quick and easy to do.

Yes, I saw a couple of discussions about this when looking in to it. I'll do that if I need to. I'll probably order it for delivery tomorrow. Thanks again