Ram 8gb 2667mhz? possible with 2666 mhz?

Go to solution Solved by APasz,

It's a rounding thing. 2667 and 2666 are the same clock.

When getting new ram the 3 main things are cas timings, manufacturer and, speed.

As long as these three things line up, it should work no problem. It is always better to get a kit of the amount you want though.

if i got 2667 mhz would it be posible too get a by any chance? cuz i would like too upgrade too 16 gb but i am kinda of new so i was just asking  if you guys could help me out if there is any possible way i got a 8 gb DIMM saying 2667 mhz.

CORSAIR RAM-minne Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 Black 2666MHz

Screenshot_1.png

Just get a 2nd stick of the same RAM. There should be a SKU sticker on the RAM stick itself that will give you that info. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Just get a 2nd stick of the same RAM. There should be a SKU sticker on the RAM stick itself that will give you that info. 

ï will thanks alot

When getting new ram the 3 main things are cas timings, manufacturer and, speed.

As long as these three things line up, it should work no problem. It is always better to get a kit of the amount you want though.

-アパゾ

1 minute ago, APasz said:

Thanks for the quick respond. and i will be sure to find out thanks alot ^^

• 1 year later...
On 6/2/2019 at 12:27 PM, APasz said:

But how to know the cas timings of the new ram that we are still looking to buy?We can only know its manufacturer and speed, the seller does not put the cas timings information.

3 hours ago, rio22 said:

But how to know the cas timings of the new ram that we are still looking to buy?We can only know its manufacturer and speed, the seller does not put the cas timings information.

Please don't necro such an old thread.

You can find the timmings by looking up the exact model.

-アパゾ