Alienware removing overclocking on laptops!

In the new year I bought a baller Alienware 17 R5 it was pretty much unable to run anything without thermal throttling even when it was sitting at idle..so Dell sent a man and he replaced the motherboard and heatsink/pipes/fans and if got worse so he came again and did it again. I was still having heat issues so when I next called they said the would replace the 17 R5 with an M17 (2018) still with an i9 32gb ram and the 2080 Max-Q  and 4k screen so I said OK and it arrived yesterday. Its thermals seem to be MUCH better running idle at 30-40 deg C. When I went into the command center thing the overclocking option was off. going into it there was no way to create profiles or no predefined ones. I quick call to Alienware support and it seems that is now by design. "Because they have been having heat issues they have removed any overclocking options,  I can install 3rd party tools to overclock but they are not supported" to be honest its not that big a deal for me as wasn't planning on overclocking anyway but thought it interesting that they sell the M17 (2018)  overclockable up to 5Ghz 

Hold on, they replaced your old laptop with a newer and better one? I didn't know dell support was that good 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Hold on, they replaced your old laptop with a newer and better one? I didn't know dell support was that good 

Well it's difficult to send someone a refurbished model if they don't have any.

This is usually a businesses response to replacing something under warranty but don't have any in stock.

Don't get me wrong. I am more than happy with their support. As this was such an expensive investment I paid for 5 years next day on-site support and they have been very good. I guess it is cheaper, in the long run, to replace than just keep having to send people out, and now more than happy with their solution. It looks like they have addressed the heating problems with better power management.. it's not 100% solved but when it's not gaming its as cool as a nongaming laptop